My computer no longer recognizes my blackberry and Ive narrowed the problem down to the port not being configured properly. What are the port settings in order for data transfer?
    05-23-08 03:06 PM
    Universal Serial Bus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Universal Serial Bus (USB) is a serial bus standard to interface devices. USB was designed to allow many peripherals to be connected using a single standardized interface socket and to improve the plug-and-play capabilities by allowing devices to be connected and disconnected without rebooting the computer.

USB device communication is based on pipes (logical channels). Pipes are connections from the host controller to a logical entity on the device named an endpoint. The term endpoint is also occasionally used to refer to the pipe. A USB device can have up to 32 active pipes, 16 into the host controller and 16 out of the controller. Each endpoint can transfer data in one direction only, either into or out of the device, so each pipe is uni-directional. Endpoints are grouped into interfaces and each interface is associated with a single device function. An exception to this is endpoint zero, which is used for device configuration and which is not associated with any interface.

USB does not use ports in the conventional sense. Configuration is predefined for host controllers and endpoints.

Do you get any response when you plug it in?
    05-23-08 03:49 PM
    I just had this on my system. I uninstalled the DM and reinstalled it, and it then registered properly. However when I reinstalled the OS for my Curve, it no longer detected my berry. I know I have a connection - it was charging!

So, I went to the system=device manager on my computer, there was a ! beside the USB Blackberry driver, I uninstalled it and plugged in the berry, let windows do it's magic and it's working perfectly again. Hope that helps.
    05-23-08 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD