Ive had my curve for a while now, ( I purchased it off of craigslist, a temp fix until the bold is released), and just recently it has started dropping the usb connection at random, Ive taken care of removing the cable bb side very carefully and have gone through all of the steps for fixing a usb connection, I think...

Anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening.
    (ive tried all of the ports on my comp and the results are the same)

Im hoping that its a problem with the os that Im running 4.5.52 and not with the usb to motherboard connection.
    07-27-08 07:08 PM
    Might be a bad cable. known to happen
    07-27-08 07:50 PM
    That's quite possible now that I reeeealy think about it....but I've been using the cable from my razr as well and the problem has persisted albiet a little bit better. The cable that came with the curve is just terrible though. It only seems to work (and that's a generous saying) when I use a usb extension that came with a flash drive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 07:54 PM
    Well at this time this might be least expensive thing to try. if it works great!, if not return the cable.
    Last edited by lastraid; 08-06-08 at 08:41 PM.
    07-27-08 07:59 PM
    USB Connection issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally after a long night trying to have my 8330 device recognized on my PC, installing, deinstalling, rebooting, etc., etc., I found a solution to this frustrating problem.

The last thing I did was trying my USB cable with another device, and it worked perfectly, so my reasoning sent me to check for my BlackBerry 8330 hardware connector on the left side.

I checked under a bright light inside my 8330 left side USB hole and found that one of the middle pins was misaligned, so I used a small pin to push it down and pucked it into its place and VOILA!

I recommend BEFORE installing a deinstalling, rebboting, etc. to CHECK FOR THE USB PINS TO BE IN PLACE!!!!

I have my BB 8330 up and running with Desktop manager 4.6 and upgraded to version 4.3.0.127

I hope someone makes this as a sticky post.

I hope to contribute and return all the help that I get in these forums.
    08-04-08 11:11 AM
    Ok so I checked to see if all of my pins are in place and it turns out that the one on the uppermost edge of the connection is pushed down. On the usb port are all of the pins supposed to be in line? If so I've found my problem and now have to figure out how to bend it back up, ugh that might be a pain .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GhostKnyght; 08-06-08 at 08:45 PM.
    08-06-08 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD