I am using 5.0 hybrid .230.
    My biggest issue is DM, BBSAK, do not recognize the phone.
    it's not the cable (tried several), I have the OS on my computer, and I even downloaded the official Verizon OS to my computer to make sure the correct drivers were installed.

any ideas? I really need to tether also; VZW access manager will let me connect VIA bluetooth but does not "see" the phone via the usb port??
    01-06-10 09:04 AM
    also should have mentioned I have upgraded and downgraded several times and never had any issues including using 5.0
    01-06-10 09:24 AM
    I would suspect a broken USB connector if utility software does not see the device or is not able to recharge the battery.

There are BlackBerry Service shops that can repair the connector. Use Google to find one near you.
    01-06-10 09:30 AM
    My car charger and home charger still work without any issues, the problem is just when I try to connect to my computer by USB.
    01-06-10 09:39 AM
    There are both power and data connections in the USB port. It is possible the data connection is broken but the power connections are intact. That would allow charging for a wall or auto adapter, but fail when it is connected to a smart USB port on the computer.

The other possible culprit is your Hybrid OS. There is no way to know how the software will respond when you mix code.
    01-06-10 09:52 AM
    Thanks, I stopped by Verizon and they are sending me a new (refurb) curve. That will hold me off for now, until the Essex arrives!
    01-06-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD