Sometimes I'm on the road and like to answer some emails. Some of those emails I send can be more that 200 words.

If there a (folding) USB / Blue tooth keyboard available that I can use on my curve?

I found only one keyboard that supposes to be compatible with BB 8300 but it has bad reviews.

Suggestions?

Daruba.
    03-20-08 02:50 PM
    This is the keyboard I have been using for a while now. According to the ThinkOutside site it is 8300 compatible. It has been discontinued but here is a link I found for Amazon.

Amazon.com: iGo Stowaway Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard for Blackberry and other PDA/ Handhelds: Electronics
    03-20-08 03:12 PM
    The full sized external Blackberry keyboards from Man & Machine are worth a look. They can be rolled and carried in a small pouch. I attended a Blackberry event where they were first launched - they are well designed and easy to type on.

One of the key advantages is that they connect directly to the side of the Blackberry, to mini USB port. You charge the keyboard - you are not constantly draining the battery of your Blackberry running a Bluetooth radio.

BlackBerry Keyboard, RIM BlackBerry External Keyboard, Mobile, Flexible, BlackBerry Stand, Internal Battery Powered

And BTW here for some trivia Bluetooth is spelt in one word. Bluetooth technology was first developped and named by the Swedish firm, Ericsson. "Bluetooth" was the code-name given by engineers from Ericsson to honor a tenth-century Viking king, Harald Bluetooth. He was credited for unifying Denmark, bringing order to the country.
    Last edited by Berryman; 03-20-08 at 05:59 PM.
    03-20-08 05:23 PM
    This is the keyboard I have been using for a while now. According to the ThinkOutside site it is 8300 compatible. It has been discontinued but here is a link I found for Amazon.

Amazon.com: iGo Stowaway Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard for Blackberry and other PDA/ Handhelds: Electronics
    Thanks but they don't ship this item to Aruba

Daruba
    03-20-08 11:10 PM
    The full sized external Blackberry keyboards from Man & Machine are worth a look....
    I considered this very expensive keyboard. It has good reviews. I could not find a site that was willing to ship this article to Aruba. in some months I going to visit the USA for a couple of weeks and see if I can pick one up.

...And BTW here for some trivia Bluetooth is spelt in one word. Bluetooth technology was first developped...
    Yes, you're 100% right, Bluetooth it is. (not giving my spelling checker the blame) To get even with you: Did you mean "spelled" instead of "spelt" and "developed" instead of "developped"?

Thanks for the nice background info.

Daruba.
    03-20-08 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD