Here's my conundrum - I have a blackberry curve that I purchased in California a year ago and I recently moved back to Canada. The curve has a sim card, where as the provider up here that I would like to work with doesn't use sim cards. Will an ordinary unlock work for this company or do I need to find one that uses's sim cards and then do the unlock for it?

Any help would be appreciated - I couldn't find anything in the forums like this, so hopefully I'm not repeating.

Thanks.
    09-30-08 04:38 PM
    Sounds like you are trying to use a device that is made for a GSM network on a CDMA network. The two networks are incompatible. What carrier are you trying to switch to?
    09-30-08 04:44 PM
    If the provider that you wish to work with here doesn't use GSM then you can't use your phone with them at all.

If you would like to use the phone that you have you would need to unlock it and use it with the Rogers network, as they are the only ones that support GSM in Canada.
    09-30-08 04:45 PM
    If the provider that you wish to work with here doesn't use GSM then you can't use your phone with them at all.

If you would like to use the phone that you have you would need to unlock it and use it with the Rogers network, as they are the only ones that support GSM in Canada.
    That's what I feared, looks like I'm stuck with Rogers.

Thanks anyways!
    09-30-08 04:51 PM
    Their the lesser of 3 evils in my opinion...lol
    09-30-08 04:53 PM
    I agree, and I'm not even in Canada. Telus doesn't support MMS on their BB devices so that rules them out as a good carrier.
    09-30-08 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD