Hi guys i have a curve 8320 and its worked fine since christmas when i got it. then the ring round the trackball broke so i put it in a draw away until i got a new one. so about a month or 2 later i got the new trackball, i replaced it and after that the keys stopped working completely. the only thing i can do is move the trackball up down or side to side the rest of the buttons dont work and it doesnt recognize the trackball bieng pushed in either. i tried upgrading firmware then downgrading. after i upgraded the trackball stopped going up down and side to side and then when i downgraded it started again but no keys working still! is there anything i need to do? it worked fine before it went in the draw and as soon as the new trackball went in that was it nothing since! no water damage nothing. need help! thanks
    04-24-10 02:58 PM
    "so i put it in a draw" ??

What does that mean?
    04-24-10 03:28 PM
    sorry i mean drawer. you know like "i put it away".
    04-24-10 04:19 PM
    It sounds like you broke something else when you changed the trackball.
    04-24-10 04:21 PM
    i really really cant see how though. all i did was drop the trackball in, line up the ring pop it in and that was it. it might be worth sayin that after changing the trackball for about 20 minutes after i popped the battery out and back in then when it loaded up i could use it before the light turned out but once the light turned out it stopped working. same again for about 20 minutes then stopped after i upgraded firmware
    04-24-10 04:25 PM
    Sounds like classic moisture damage on the keyboard.

Was the device exposed to any moisture at all? Even a little bit?

Steamy bathroom, sweaty pocket, wet hands, wet hair, heavy dew, high humidity environment?
    04-24-10 05:03 PM
    nope none of the above its been in a kitchen drawer for 2 months and worked fine before. but beleive it or not just this minuter after upgrading firmware again it still didnt work. sat in my pocket for an hour pulled it out and after a week checking it and no luck its now working! :-S got me a good one.
    04-24-10 06:37 PM
    noberts852, I have the same problem as you. Trackball moves around no keys work. I took the whole damn thing apart, put it back together, still nothing. Going to Verizon tonight, my local one doesn't carry refurbs so they said I had to go to the large one in town. No moisture on mine either, i think there is something else going on with these curves b/c this is a common problem i found when researching this past weekend.
    04-26-10 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD