I didn't set my wife's Curve 8310 to automatically use Mass Storage mode but to prompt us. Well it prompted her yesterday and she said no, so it began deleted MP3's loaded on her media card.

Well I reformatted her media card through her phone as well as set it to enable mass storage mode all the time instead of prompt.

Last night I dragged all the MP3's back into the media card via Desktop Manager/Media Manager and converted them for Optimal playback as well

I wake up this morning and find that what when I access the music folder under media it is still the same left over songs from before formatting (the ones that for whatever reason weren't deleted preformat after the wife disable mass storage)

I know this because there was an artist she wanted me to remove and it is still on there as well as a few other albums she didn't want on there and they all only have about 3 songs each as well I checked the media card through settings and it states there is still 3.4 Gigs of free space out of 3.7 Gigs and I added about 1.85 gigs of MP3's to it last night

My questions are 1) How do I remove this old content off my wife's phone if formatting through her phone didn't work and 2) Why didn't it work and accept the new MP3's?
    03-09-09 09:08 AM
    1. Reformat your card on a PC rather than in your BB.

2. Not sure why it didn't work or why there were left over songs.

I used media manager once and that was it. I don't even have it installed with DM. I think the best way to put music on your BB is to connect it to your PC and use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the music.
    03-09-09 09:47 AM
    is this in reference to connecting it to a PC and the BB prompting u to use Mass Storage mode? if u select NO why would it just start deleting stuff?

I didn't set my wife's Curve 8310 to automatically use Mass Storage mode but to prompt us. Well it prompted her yesterday and she said no, so it began deleted MP3's loaded on her media card.
    03-09-09 09:57 AM
    If you are using a MAC you have to empty the trash on the card as it stores deleted files there until actually told to empty. It is a hidden folder but the songs will show up.

I also agree that saying yes or no to the Enable Mass Storage Mode will not delete any files. Something else is going on here.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by ronb; 03-09-09 at 11:39 AM.
    03-09-09 11:36 AM
    Like some others have said, the bigger issue is why it deleted the files to begin with. Enabling mass storage mode lets your PC have access to the card when your BB is connected to your PC. I've declined many times and it's never affected the files on my card. I'd start with finding out why it did this before you put all the music back on the card only to have it happen again.
    03-09-09 12:14 PM
    So does it sound like a bad media card then?
    03-09-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD