Hello everyone,
    I have been a Blackberry user for almost 2 years now. I started with 8703e I bought off Ebay, I then went with a Pearl I bought off of Craigslist (And I loved it for the most part). My Verizon new ever 2 came up earlier this year and I sprung for a Storm 1 that was offered for a very cheap price. The Storm 1 is a pretty bb, the camera was a definite upgrade over the pearl, the extra memory was nice, but my Storm has started to lock up at least 3 times a day over the past few months, and I have to either do a quick pull or a full on battery pull. This is getting a bit frustrating for me.
    So that leads me to my question. Yesterday my wife upgraded to a new Samsung Fascinate. She has a perfectly good 8330 curve. I do not want to leave Blackberry so I was thinking about activating my wife�s (Silver, thank God) Curve on my line. What do you all think about that? Is there anyone out there who did this and was happy with the decision? Going from a Storm to a Curve 8330 seems like a step back at first, but I read a lot about people going from the new curve back to the 8330. I am thinking that I may actually be upgrading. LOL.
    I don�t use many apps on my Storm, Pandora, IheartRadio, google sync, opera mini, and Facebook. But my Storm leaks memory all day all the way down to 3 or 4 mb. Argh.
    Thanks!

Jerembb
    09-12-10 02:46 PM
    The 8330 is a good phone, but I wouldnt consider it an upgrade. Why not try to get the memory leak tracked down first to make it more usuable?
    09-12-10 02:50 PM
    You really can't go wrong with the 8330. If you like it, I qoif say go for it whether it feels like a downgrade or upgrade. It's about what you want isn't it?
    09-12-10 06:37 PM
    I just got through upgrading from my Storm to a Curve 8330. Today was the last straw for me. After two random resets and one battery pull I had enough and said to myself " It can't be any worse" So here in a few days I will report back with my findings and see if I am happier with the curve.

Thanks!

Jermbb
    09-13-10 07:34 PM
    If you have an upgrade available, get a Fascinate or a Droid X. Verizon is offering BOGO/BOGA deals when a Fascinate is purchased. Your wife's purchase of the Fascinate should qualify you for a free phone.
    09-13-10 09:57 PM
    If your wife got the Fascinate then you should be available for an upgrade as part of the Samsung's BOGO Anything Offer. In that case why not try out the Bold 9650? IMO,it's the best BB Verizon offers at the moment. Though I'll never say anything bad about my trusty 8330.
    09-14-10 01:34 AM
    Today is my second day of the 8330. To be honest with you all, my original hypothesis is correct. Switching from a Storm 9530 to a Curve 8330 is a definitive upgrade for me. My Curve has lasted for two days and my current MB count is 38 mb after steaming radio all day on my IheartRadio App. No more annoying random crashes, no more memory drain. I even downloaded a BB Bold theme and my experience has been much more satisfying to me.

I used my bogo on an early "upgrade" back in April or May of this year and Verizon would not let us use the BOGO on my wife�s upgrade.

Thanks!

Jerembb
    09-15-10 02:05 PM
    Today is my second day of the 8330. To be honest with you all, my original hypothesis is correct. Switching from a Storm 9530 to a Curve 8330 is a definitive upgrade for me. My Curve has lasted for two days and my current MB count is 38 mb after steaming radio all day on my IheartRadio App. No more annoying random crashes, no more memory drain. I even downloaded a BB Bold theme and my experience has been much more satisfying to me.

I used my bogo on an early "upgrade" back in April or May of this year and Verizon would not let us use the BOGO on my wife�s upgrade.

Thanks!

Jerembb
    I think what rotto meant by not an upgrade was that Curve is an older device with have the memory of Storm.
    09-15-10 02:09 PM
    And there you have it, another satisfied Curve 8330 customer................
    09-15-10 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD