I upgraded from a pearl to a curve but when I put my sim into the curve none of my text messages are on it! They're all on my pearl still..is there any way I can save them to my sim card or transfer them all to my curve?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 10:02 PM
    Just forward them to yourself on the curve.
    08-16-08 10:04 PM
    If you had the software that was with your pearl and you backed it up, then when you restore your new device (curve) all your stuff should be there, including your screen setup and everything.

Other than that I'm pretty sure you can't save your texts on your sim card, the sim is a pretty simple device and isn't really thought of as a mass storage unit.

You may be able to save them on a micro SD if you were to have one.

Good Luck.
    08-16-08 10:05 PM
    Wouldn't it be just as simple to use the Device Switch Wizard
    in DM to transfer everything on the Pearl over to the Curve.

Just make sure the OS for both the Pearl and the Curve are
    installed on your computer.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-16-08 at 10:15 PM.
    08-16-08 10:09 PM
    If you had the software that was with your pearl and you backed it up, then when you restore your new device (curve) all your stuff should be there, including your screen setup and everything.

Other than that I'm pretty sure you can't save your texts on your sim card, the sim is a pretty simple device and isn't really thought of as a mass storage unit.

You may be able to save them on a micro SD if you were to have one.

Good Luck.
    I found the pearl so I don't have any software for it. i do have a memory card so how do I go about saving them to my memory card?

08-16-08 11:05 PM
    Wouldn't it be just as simple to use the Device Switch Wizard
    in DM to transfer everything on the Pearl over to the Curve.

Just make sure the OS for both the Pearl and the Curve are
    installed on your computer.
    Device switch wizard? I'll have to look into that. Anyone know an easier way?

08-16-08 11:07 PM
    08-17-08 01:25 AM
    I found the pearl so I don't have any software for it. i do have a memory card so how do I go about saving them to my memory card?
    Simple answer: You cannot just save text messages to the memory card.
    08-17-08 01:28 AM
    Thanks wow it was as simple as installing the disk it came with duh I was too excited and didn't even bother with it when I opened the curve box. The switch was successful and I got all my texts from my pearl onto my curve. I didn't find the need to have the back up OSs.

08-18-08 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD