I am hoping someone here has some ideas. I upgraded last week to the latest OS for my 8310 curve off the AT&T link. It worked fine, with no issues. The next day my battery was dead and I thought I had forgot to charge it.

Well...after charging it, I was previously getting around 2-3 days life out of it prior to recharging. Now, I am getting maybe 8-12 hours out of it.

I don't need bluetooth for anything and have disabled that. Does anyone have any ideas of anything else that could be running that would be having issues?

Is it possible that I am missing a file that tells it that it is an AT&T phone and now it is searching for all local cell carriers every 5 secs or something? It seems like it has to be doing something in the background to kill this much battery so fast.

I am having to charge it every morning now and it is a pain.
    12-23-08 04:01 PM
    I noted in another thread about default screen brightness. I have adjusted mine from 100% to 60%. Hopefully this will help. If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.
    12-23-08 04:07 PM
    I'm baffled. My battery life since the upgrade has been stellar. I put mine in the charger every night but it's usually above 60% when I do.

Is there any chance something is running in the background, like a GPS app? Other than that, or your battery coincidentally started to go bad, I don't know.
    12-23-08 04:26 PM
    I saw some posts about folks not closing apps. My son was playing some games on it the other day and had opened lots of stuff I guess. (he is 5 and cannot read yet) It looks like I had all kinds of stuff open that has now been closed. I will see if that helps.

Thanks for the info. I am still a virgin to the crackberry world.
    12-23-08 04:30 PM
    Everyone's born in those shoes!

When in doubt a good reboot can clear out open apps, reclaim lost memory, and generally brighten and whiten teeth.
    12-23-08 04:32 PM

When in doubt a good reboot can clear out open apps, reclaim lost memory, and generally brighten and whiten teeth.
    Hmmm !
    I can't recall things like I used to, and the chompers are getting kinda dull looking. I think I'll try a "Good Reboot".
    12-23-08 05:33 PM
    [Had the same issue, posted it in the 8310 4.5.0.110 main thread, reload the OS, fixed that issue for me. I did load the EastAsia version vs the Multilanguage. The differance is nill;

Multi:
    Core: 10MB
    Sys: 21MB

EastAsia:
    Core:10MB
    Sys:20MB

[These are the listings just for the core and system files which will be grayed out in the application list, req files]

Overall i would reload the OS, either downgrade to the last OS you had great performance on or backup everything including 3rd party apps if needed and wipe and [reload]...
    12-23-08 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD