Short version....

Today my mom upgraded her handset to iphone 3gs. She likes her bb curve and didnt want to switch. The plan was for me to keep the 3gs and for her to keep the bb (im not on att i will unlock and use of tmo).

We moved the sim from the new iphone and put it back into her bb. She can make and recieve calls but her email doesnt work. She had email setup from her office and has blackberry enterprise from the office.

Does the sim need to be registered with BES? Or does something need to be switched on ATTs side? Nothing has changed on her handset I was thinking maybe something on ATTs side has changed?

I was told she would be able to move back and forth with the sim and have no problems. As far as voice its fine but this email thing is a huge deal.

thanks!
    09-07-09 07:20 PM
    I'm just guessing here but I'm gonna say she no longer has the bb service through her provider. Therefore the email is no longer routed through the bb servers to her bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 07:32 PM
    When she upgraded to the iPhone, AT&T automatically cancelled her Blackberry service plan. She lost the ability to use BB email and there is nothing you can do to get it back without going to ATT and asking them to switch the plan back on for the BB.
    Looks like you plan to get a cheap iPhone failed. Sorry.

09-07-09 08:45 PM
    You cannot use blackberry with a iphone data plan. That is why you cannot use her blackberry email. So her blackberry is pretty much a regular phone.

09-07-09 09:11 PM
    Most users here would not consider going to the iphone an upgrade...
    09-08-09 05:25 PM
    Most users here would not consider going to the iphone an upgrade...
    Damn! You beat me to it forkup!
    09-08-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD