I just upgraded to 4.2.2.180 using the download on the TMO website. UMA/Wi-Fi was working fine before the upgrade, however it seems to be much more flaky ever since moving to 4.2.2.180. I can connect to my office wi-fi network, but the Wi-Fi icon lights up sporadically at best, and I cannot get a UMA connection at all. Before the upgrade I had reliable Wi-Fi/UMA connectivity from my desk. I still get good Wi-Fi/UMA connections at home using my TMO linksys router. Any tweaks or suggestions? I thought this dl was supposed to improve my UMA function, not degrade it.
    11-14-07 10:25 AM
    Also, if for some reason I should want to roll back my OS, are there any special procedures or precautions to take, or can I simply reinstall the earlier OS version?
    11-14-07 11:38 AM
    I may have been too quick to criticize .180 - I rolled back to .171 and still cannot get a good wi-fi or UMA link in my office. Yesterday there was a big reorganization on the second floor where the wireless router is located and there are now many more desks, computer equipment, and partitions on that floor. I am now thinking that I am simply having a hard time acquiring a good enough connection to run wi-fi/UMA. I have run into this problem before in certain public hotspots where the connection quality just isn't that good. I will keep you posted if I can manage to resolve the issue at my office.
    11-14-07 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD