I upgraded to OS 4.5 multilanguage and installed the korean language. Can anyone tell me how this works? I am going overseas and this could be very helpful to me. Thanks CB nation. :thankful:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 08:18 AM
    I believe all you have to do is go into options>language and change to Korean.
    04-25-09 08:28 AM
    You can also use the keyboard short cut:

Turn off the shortcut for switching typing input languages

Verify that your BlackBerry� Device Software supports multiple languages. For more information, contact your system administrator or
    wireless service provider.

1. In the device options, click Language.
    2. Set the Use Input Method Shortcut field to No.
    3. Press the Menu key.
    4. Click Save.
    To turn on the shortcut for switching typing input languages again, set the Use Input Method Shortcut field to Yes. To receive notification
    when you switch typing input languages, set the Notify me field to Yes.
    I am curious, did you create a hybrid OS to get Korean on a CDMA multilanguage package?

I gather you plan to use this abroad. You should be aware, CDMA is only used in North America. There is no signal in Asia.
    04-25-09 11:32 AM
    I downloaded HNH Soft phrase book. It stated that it was compatible with OS 4.5 and when I connected to DM it automatically up loaded. I also have BBTran for helps with translations. Thanks for the tutorials.

04-25-09 11:39 AM
    When I go to options then language, all options only say English (United States). I am at a lost.

04-25-09 11:43 AM
    When I go to options then language, all options only say English (United States). I am at a lost.

That is to be expected, we are talking about two different things.

The advise we gave applies to languages installed in the BlackBerry. You are using a third party application for translation.

The specific advise you are looking for should be part of the BBTrans documentation.
    04-25-09 11:59 AM
    Great. Thanks. I actually went to advanced options, went to the korean option and changed from custom to allow. Hope this works. Thanks again!

04-25-09 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD