Good morning, Everyone,

I am thinking about upgrading my Blackberry Curve 8310. But don't know to what? Should I go for the top of the line BB Curve (which is what?) or go for another variety. I also have a generic upgrade questiion. I have spent some money on themes and a couple of game apps. I've also spent a lot of time configuring my icons and my phone profile "just so". My question is, do I lose all that with the upgrade? Is there any way to just move my files to a new device so it all winds up working the same?

Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    03-22-10 09:50 AM
    as far as the phone goes, its personal preference. Go to the store and play with the different phones. Get a feel for them and see which one you like. Now, for your themes and games and such. Your pretty much sol. Some of the apps you can contact the develepers and tell them you got a new phone and they will give you another copy for free.
    03-22-10 09:57 AM
    In short:
    Yes. All will be lost.
    All settings and apps will have to be manually changed/reinstalled, and new pin number changed over. Almost all apps can be changed over gratis, though.

Best BB?
    Unlocked Storm 2

Best BB if you don't want to pay huge $ for it? I.E.: Free/cheap upgrade from AT&T?
    9700 Bold 2

Jack
    03-22-10 01:54 PM
    I can't see your info because I'm WAP, but if you're upgrading an 8310, I'm assuming you're with AT&T. For $100 out of pocket ($100 MIR), the 9700 is the best device and the best Berry in my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 02:09 PM
    If you bought applications through app world you may be able to get those back if they are compatible with the newer model. It shouldn't take tpu long to arrange your icons. Good luck with the new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 08:43 AM
    i just redownloaded everything new, i didnt want anything wonky messing up my new toy. I copied over my contacts and calendar and started from scratch on the apps because they all had to be updated to the newer versions anyways. I went from 8310 to 9700 with ATT. if you like your icons in a certain spot, just take a handy screen capture and email it to yourself so you can set them up the same way but after going to the new phone, i've learned to use the folders more and i had most of those icons under my quicklaunch anyways so i just put them in folders. i really only have 2 lines of icons now with everything else folders.
    03-23-10 09:04 AM
    Thank you all. Enjoy your day. now that I've found this forum, you "guys" will be hearing from me a lot. I ask a lot of questions. That's how I learn.
    Last edited by Curly Top; 03-24-10 at 01:11 PM.
    03-24-10 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD