I've been trying to install some applications and themes on my curve, but now realize that a lot of them need the latest OS. I have 4.2. So I've been trying to figure out how to upgrade the OS to 4.5 in Desktop Manager but I don't think it's possible.

I can't find the USB cord so the only way I have of transferring files is through bluetooth. Is there someway of upgrading with bluetooth or will I have to hunt down the USB cord?
    04-21-09 08:09 AM
    Best bet is to get a usb, they are so common that you might find that your camera has the same cord.
    04-21-09 08:18 AM
    I've been trying to install some applications and themes on my curve, but now realize that a lot of them need the latest OS. I have 4.2. So I've been trying to figure out how to upgrade the OS to 4.5 in Desktop Manager but I don't think it's possible.

I can't find the USB cord so the only way I have of transferring files is through bluetooth. Is there someway of upgrading with bluetooth or will I have to hunt down the USB cord?
    You gotta find a cord, any usb mini cord should work fine .. During the upgrade procedure your phone goes into a flash mode that doesnt support bluetooth connections... For only $0.58 each when QTY 50+ purchased - USB A to mini-B 5pin cable - 1FT | USB 2.0 Cable - Mini-B Type
    04-21-09 08:21 AM
    You gotta find a cord, any usb mini cord should work fine .. During the upgrade procedure your phone goes into a flash mode that doesnt support bluetooth connections... For only $0.58 each when QTY 50+ purchased - USB A to mini-B 5pin cable - 1FT | USB 2.0 Cable - Mini-B Type

Yep you can only use blue tooth to sync data, but not install applications or update OS, gotta use a cable.
    04-21-09 08:24 AM
    It can only be done via USB. $7. at Staples.
    04-21-09 08:25 AM
    It can only be done via USB. $7. at Staples.
    $2.19 on monoprice including shipping for the 1ft one that will do the job... might be 3.50 dollars including shipping for the 10 foot one...
    04-21-09 08:36 AM
    $2.19 on monoprice including shipping for the 1ft one that will do the job... might be 3.50 dollars including shipping for the 10 foot one...
    I'll have to check that out. I want to get a 1' cable for use with my laptop.
    04-21-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD