I have recently bought the curve 8310. BTW I love it and CB.com makes me love it even more. I'm already addicted. I love the nobex radio companion, viingo, the CB shortcut. Awesome work.

My question is.. I haven't upgraded from the original OS that was installed on my berry, which is 4.2.2.170. I was wondering, should I go ahead and upgrade to 4.3 (I think that's what it is.) or if I should wait until the release of 4.5?

Also, I've read a few posts on the forums that some phones have them. Is there some kind of beta leak, that's what I've heard from a friend. If so, can I get 4.5 for my berry now?

Thanks!
    06-30-08 03:28 AM
    Good question....I just traded up from an 8800 and was wondering the same thing....
    Guess I'll wait for the answer along with ya...
    06-30-08 03:54 AM
    There are Beta 4.5 OS's available on the web, and a slightly older version is available from Vodafone's website. If you upgrade to 4.5 now, you can view HTML emails, since RIM has upgraded the BIS to 2.5 recently. There are some other improvements in the 4.5 OS, and there are many threads here which inform about these.
    Good Luck, and welcome to Crackberry!
    06-30-08 03:57 AM
    Yeah as above!! TONS of threads about this. Some saying running 4.5 perfectly well but MOST asking for advise on issues.

Personally I will wait for the official rlease or the bold LOL! whichever comes sooner!!

Personal preferance though sure as I say many people have it and running it fine
    06-30-08 04:07 AM
    I have been running the 4.5 beta (now the 4.5.0.46 version) and have no issues. Actually, I'm loving it!
    06-30-08 05:26 AM
    I read an article after reading your very useful information. Which by the way, Thank you! I ready something about resending service books. I can't find any information on how to do that and where would I download the 4.5 OS? I'm sure I'm not the only one asking this question as I see it everywhere, but I don't see any related to the 8310. Thank you all for your help.

Also, will upgrading to 4.5 cause any problems with my third-party software on my phone?
    06-30-08 06:07 AM
    It definitely is possible. It's been found that some apps don't perform corretly on 4.5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 06:10 AM
    Man. You all are awesome. Helping noobs out, one by one
    06-30-08 06:25 AM
    I am using Jivetalk, GoogleMaps, WeatherEye & Wayfinder, all third party programs and have no problems at all with the 4.5.0.46 beta.
    06-30-08 06:29 AM
    I have JiveTalk (which reminds me I need to register and get an actual key), Nobex Radio Companion, viigo, and opera. The only one I'm really worried about having trouble is the Nobex software. I'm not sure if it's as "developed", I guess you could say, as the others. We'll have to find out though. Thanks.

Anyone have links where I can get the 4.5 and how to "resend service books". I don't know how to do that.
    06-30-08 06:35 AM
    I was .44 for a week and I just downloaded .46 last night been running it for some hours now so far no problems.........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 06:51 AM
    Im on VZW with an 8330 and I have been pretty hesitant about upgrading to beta software. My phone runs so beautifully and exactly how I want that I dont want to risk screwing anything up.

Until there is an official release from VZW I am going to steer clear of betas.
    06-30-08 07:06 AM
    Im on VZW with an 8330 and I have been pretty hesitant about upgrading to beta software. My phone runs so beautifully and exactly how I want that I dont want to risk screwing anything up.

Until there is an official release from VZW I am going to steer clear of betas.
    I'm running 4.5.0.33 on my verizon 8330 and I love it. No problems and the html email is great, also media player is much better.
    06-30-08 07:20 AM
    I am totally satisfied running OS 4.5.44 on my 8320!

I do not have any issues that cause problems for me.
    06-30-08 07:23 AM
    I'm running 4.5.0.44 and have absolutely NO issues. That along with BIS 2.5 update makes it worth while. People waiting for the "official" 4.5 release should not hold their breath.
    06-30-08 07:29 AM
    I'm running 4.5.0.44 and have absolutely NO issues. That along with BIS 2.5 update makes it worth while. People waiting for the "official" 4.5 release should not hold their breath.
    The only issue I am having on my 8320 running 4.5.44 is the VM icon

It is no biggie tho
    06-30-08 07:32 AM
    Voli - thanks for writing that you like Nobex Radio Companion. We do too

We tested it on 4.5, and there are no issues that we saw. Other users did that too.

Please let us know if you do see any issues, but we think it's all OK.

Thanks,

The Nobex team

I have JiveTalk (which reminds me I need to register and get an actual key), Nobex Radio Companion, viigo, and opera. The only one I'm really worried about having trouble is the Nobex software. I'm not sure if it's as "developed", I guess you could say, as the others. We'll have to find out though. Thanks.

Anyone have links where I can get the 4.5 and how to "resend service books". I don't know how to do that.
    07-04-08 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD