Hi there,

I just got a 8330 curve and haven't even started really using it yet. But I've been reading all the threads on the upgrade. Should I upgrade to 4.5 before I get started or is it okay to just stay on the old version. Is there really a big difference for the curve? Necessary?

THANK YOU!
    10-09-08 03:31 PM
    Well seeing that you have an 8330, you already have video recorder ( i think) so that wouldnt be anything new. The only other things would be youtube capability and Html email. Oh and docs to go. if those things are important to you, then i would upgrade, but if not then just wait for your carrier to release an upgrade for your phone.
    10-09-08 03:37 PM
    Regardless of the fact if you need the items tae described, I wouldnt do anything drastic to it until you are more than comfortable using the curve.
    10-09-08 03:39 PM
    Hi Mer, if you've just got your BB as stated I would suggest waiting before thinking about upgrading. A better option would be to become more comfortable with both your device and the upgrade procedure. The process is not difficult if followed correctly but it is possible for things to go wrong.

Crackberry is a great resource for reading up on all you need to know.

Congrats on your curve.
    10-09-08 03:42 PM
    Check in see if your Carrier has a later 4.2 version of the OS and upgrade that first. That way you will be upgrading to a version that is supposed to work on your BB. It also a good practice run.
    10-09-08 03:45 PM
    Hi there,

I just got a 8330 curve and haven't even started really using it yet. But I've been reading all the threads on the upgrade. Should I upgrade to 4.5 before I get started or is it okay to just stay on the old version. Is there really a big difference for the curve? Necessary?

THANK YOU!
    Seeing as you are a newish member, I would stray away from the idea until you fully understand what you are doing. Honestly, if you have to ask if you should upgrade or what the benefits are... then you should not do it because you clearly do not have the understanding required

Not trying to be harsh or mean in any way, just realistic... so you do not end up with a bricked berry and then come back asking for help!

Check the Upgrade Procedure link in my signature to read up on the process!
    10-09-08 03:49 PM
    Welcome, I suggest you fall in love with what your Blackberry can do and not with what it will or could do. You have a lot to learn before you start obsessing with bells and whistles...leave that to the addicts.
    10-09-08 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD