I was updating my Verizon curve maybe 20 minutes ago and in the middle of the update it said a fatal error had occurred. Well after talking to Verizon they will be sending me a new phone which is amazing for them, but my issue is i have lost everything. In the first part of the update it says that it is backing up the phone. Is it possible to get that information back to my phone or do i really have to start from scratch with my contacts?

Oh and I am not getting the normal white screen. It is a full black screen with my indicator light flashing red non-stop.
    Last edited by slvradoskinbabe; 08-14-09 at 12:43 AM.
    08-14-09 12:33 AM
    You never made a backup?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 12:59 AM
    If you don't have any backup, then sad to say you need to start from the scratch. There is a thread how to revive a dead blackberry. Just follow the guide then your unit will be fine.
    08-14-09 01:02 AM
    idk if i did or not. Last time i updated it was from the web so i never had to back it up. I read on how to restore the nuked bb, think it will work?
    08-14-09 01:02 AM
    It will work, but you won't have anything on your BB without anything to restore from. Try looking for a file called loaderbackup.ipd in your My Documents folder on your PC.

08-14-09 01:05 AM
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Also look for any backup.ipd files in your My Documents folder.

08-14-09 01:10 AM
    I found both of those files(backup.ipd and loaderbackup.ipd). Which one should i use?
    08-14-09 09:16 AM
    I had the fatal error occur to my bb too when I tried to update it. I did a battery pull and it works fine now

08-14-09 10:31 AM
    I found both of those files(backup.ipd and loaderbackup.ipd). Which one should i use?
    The one with the most recent date.
    08-14-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD