Hi guys, I have a few questions regarding the upgrade of my Curve 8310. I currently have version 4.5.0.81, and I understand there are higher versions.

First, I am using a Mac. I have the PocketMac for Blackberry software, so will this work? Second, on the blackberry website it says multilingual. Is this the one I want to download? I don't want to convert my Blackberry to Chinese!
    04-11-09 03:35 PM
    Sorry, you need a PC to do the update. BB do not play well with MAC's
    04-11-09 03:36 PM
    I would use a pc to upload, see if a friend has one. Yes, use multi, you can just delete the languages you aren't going to use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 03:37 PM
    Well I have a Dell too, I just hate it. haha.
    Thank you guys for the help. I'm new to Blackberry so I'll be snooping around here for help
    04-11-09 03:40 PM
    Well I have a Dell too, I just hate it. haha.
    Thank you guys for the help. I'm new to Blackberry so I'll be snooping around here for help
    WElcome to CB, enjoy the addiction
    04-11-09 03:42 PM
    Sure! Once you start snooping around, its hard to stop! Good luck and welcome to cb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 03:43 PM
    Download Desktop Manager 4.6 not 4.7 to your Dell. DM 4.7 can cause some problems with OS updates when used with the Curve series.
    04-11-09 03:55 PM
    I'm having trouble already. I switched to my Dell, and I can't find anywhere to update. I have the desktop software, and I clicked the Update section and nothing seemed to happen.

When I go to blackberry.com, I can't find it anywhere. I can click on the update provided in this forum stickied, but I don't want EastAsia
    04-11-09 04:06 PM
    EastAsia is the one you want, just delete the vendor.xml file as per the instructions in post #1 of the sticky thread. You have to download the OS to your Dell and then install it to your PC before the update can happen. You can remove support for all other languages when you are doing the update.
    04-11-09 04:09 PM
    oh okay gotcha. It's downloading now. I'm a little bit nervous...I'm not tech savvy and I don't want to mess it up.
    04-11-09 04:14 PM
    Just read the instructions. The read them again. lol.

Don't rush, take your time, and some deep breaths... and backup your BB before doing the update. Even though it will do a backup/restore of your BB automatically during the upgrade process, a manual backup is the safe thing to do.

Whatever you do, don't unplug from the PC even though it seems like the process is stuck forever. Wait until you get a completed message, or an error message.

People are here if you run into any problems.
    04-11-09 04:22 PM
    alright here's where I'm at.
    It asked me if I wanted to launch the Desktop Manager, and I did but nothing prompted after that, so I clicked on Application Update or whatever.

It went through a series of processes and said it found 4.5.0 and it's taking a while. Hopefully this is it.

Thanks again.
    04-11-09 05:18 PM
    IT can take a bit hang in there.
    04-11-09 05:19 PM
    awesome it worked. Thanks for everything, guys
    04-11-09 05:57 PM
    stupid question my friend asked me..
    in the upper right hand corner, mine says
    edge (then service bars)

his says
    EDGE (service bars)

he wants to know why his is uppercase.
    04-11-09 06:02 PM
    That would be because his phone is connected to BIS, while yours is not.
    04-11-09 06:22 PM
    You will need to re-send your serivce books options>advanced options>host routing table>menu>reg now.

Once this is done go into the email settings or log into the BIS site for email and send the books from there. If you have a hard time with, call your carrier and heave them do it.
    04-11-09 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD