Hi everyone,

I updated my Curve software yesterday, and now everything is ungodly slow. When screen is black and I push the track ball.... it takes a few seconds for the screen to actually light up. I'm also getting the hourglass just looking through the menu sometimes, or switching menus.

Also, all the preloaded wallpapers that came with the phone are gone as well.

Any clue as to what did this and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Ella
    06-05-09 01:38 PM
    Try a battery pull...if all else fails, maybe reload the OS.
    06-05-09 01:42 PM
    RIM removed the preloaded pictures from 4.5 to free up memory.

The backlight lag is a common issue with .131 and .138.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 02:00 PM
    Every OS is slow initially following an update/reload, as applications need to update over the air using Data, and your BB needs to synchronize with the RIM BIS servers, etc. It should get better after a while.

For the trackball lag coming out of a screen timeout, use the enter key or the space key to wake up the screen instead.
    06-05-09 02:11 PM
    Wow, thanks for all the input. I guess I can wait it out and see if things improve. But is there anything I can do about the preloaded pics being gone?
    06-05-09 02:38 PM
    You can find all of the pictures in the Wallpaper subforum. Choose the ones you want to use and save them to your media card.

Removing them from memory was a big help in freeing up working memory.

06-05-09 02:42 PM
    Wow, thanks for all the input. I guess I can wait it out and see if things improve. But is there anything I can do about the preloaded pics being gone?
    There is a .zip file in this thread with the preloaded pics in them:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/look...-image-189539/
    06-05-09 02:43 PM
    Thanks. Also, I just thought of something... when I had to go through the setup wizard after the upgrade, the host routing table thing.... there was a long list of numbers and the top one was the one I chose because I had no idea what to choose. Could that have something to do with the slowness?
    06-05-09 02:52 PM
    No, when you register your HRT, it's all or nothing. Same as with your Service Books.

Try this, if you have a memory card installed. With the power on, take out your battery, take out your memory card. Wait at least 30 secs, then reinstall your battery.

If your 8330 is much faster and doesn't have the hourglass w/o the memory card installed, then you may have a problem with the filesystem or a file on your memory card. This happens often enough following an OS upgrade. Move your stuff off the memory card on to your PC, then reformat the memory card in your BB. Move the contents of your memory card back to the card in small increments and test for a while. Repeat until everything is back on the card, or you find the problem file.
    06-05-09 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD