So I updated my BB using CrackMem to 4.5.0.138 and removed all those pesky things like Google, Yahoo, YouMail, etc and when I look in my Applications, they're all still there.

What gives?
    04-25-09 04:17 PM
    they are pushed by your carrier, you cant completely delete them. you can just hide them so you dont have to see them.
    04-25-09 04:20 PM
    huh? they arent in your service books?
    04-25-09 04:22 PM
    What are you talking about Savage?
    04-25-09 04:23 PM
    awe man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think im going crazy!!!!!!!
    04-25-09 04:24 PM
    i was wondering why i couldnt quote you!
    04-25-09 04:25 PM
    awe man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think im going crazy!!!!!!!
    Naw, I just deleted my post. But you already know that.
    04-25-09 04:26 PM
    they are pushed by your carrier, you cant completely delete them. you can just hide them so you dont have to see them.
    So even though there are still icons, the memory they were using was freed up by using CrackMem?
    04-25-09 04:28 PM
    as long as you dont download them again, the only memory that will be taken up is the memory for the icon and the download page it takes you to.
    04-25-09 04:30 PM
    as long as you dont download them again, the only memory that will be taken up is the memory for the icon and the download page it takes you to.
    Awesome... I'm content with that!

One other quick question. I think I read this about removing Voice Dialing. When you remove VD, does it make it so you can't click on the About in the Options menu?
    04-25-09 04:59 PM
    Some applications (links really) are sent by your kind carrier as Service Books. There is no way to get rid of this rubbish permanently but you can try this. select the app icon on-screen, press menu and select Hide. The icon is still there but does not clutter up your screen.

I make a folder and dump them all in there and then hode the folder as it makes them easier to hide again should you re-send your Servoce Books.

The second way is to go to Options, Advanced Options, Service Book and delete the Books one at a time. Of course if you or your carrier resend your Service Books then they will reappear.

These apps/icons are also delivered within some OSs and I put a way to delete them on the CrackMem menu but unfortunately I cannot control the iconic pollution foisted upon us by our beloved carrier.
    04-25-09 05:08 PM
    Some applications (links really) are sent by your kind carrier as Service Books. There is no way to get rid of this rubbish permanently but you can try this. select the app icon on-screen, press menu and select Hide. The icon is still there but does not clutter up your screen.

I make a folder and dump them all in there and then hode the folder as it makes them easier to hide again should you re-send your Servoce Books.

The second way is to go to Options, Advanced Options, Service Book and delete the Books one at a time. Of course if you or your carrier resend your Service Books then they will reappear.

These apps/icons are also delivered within some OSs and I put a way to delete them on the CrackMem menu but unfortunately I cannot control the iconic pollution foisted upon us by our beloved carrier.
    i hear ya pete6! crackmem is great just as well!
    04-25-09 05:29 PM
    ... I think I read this about removing Voice Dialing. When you remove VD, does it make it so you can't click on the About in the Options menu?
    You can still select About, it just doesn't do anything when you click it. You can get most of the same info from Alt EACE.
    04-26-09 12:53 PM
    I dont know if this works on your 8330 curve but for me it works. I get to the help me screen by holding alt+left shift key and hitting the "h" key.
    04-26-09 01:14 PM
    I had forgotten Alt-L.Shft-H. That works on the 8830 as well, and is easier to do.
    04-26-09 01:27 PM
    Thanks for confirming that Jeff. I was not sure if it worked only on gsm devices or not.
    04-26-09 01:39 PM
    You can still select About, it just doesn't do anything when you click it. You can get most of the same info from Alt EACE.
    I dont know if this works on your 8330 curve but for me it works. I get to the help me screen by holding alt+left shift key and hitting the "h" key.
    Thanks... where do you guys figure out all these shortcuts and hotkeys? I just found out about Alt + L G L G the other week.
    04-27-09 12:14 AM
    Thanks... where do you guys figure out all these shortcuts and hotkeys? I just found out about Alt + L G L G the other week.
    Here's an excellent reference: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...t-codes-30491/

This post is in the How To, Tips, and FAQ thread under BlackBerry Help at the top of the page.
    04-27-09 06:06 AM

Honestly I learned that trick from someone on here, can't remember who though. That link Jeff gave you is full of all kinds of tips. Great spot to learn things.
    04-27-09 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD