I'm having difficulty doing this [see subject]. The Verizon site only downloads 4.5.0.77. I am experiencing the Speaker Blast and want to upgrade the software to see if that's a fix. If I go to the Blackberry site (BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software), the update button that is supposed to be "below" doesn't appear... have Active X running, tried 3 different browsers, tried with and without BB Desktop Manager running... have BB plugged into USB... tried mass storage and normal mode... help greatly appreciated.
    07-11-09 12:05 PM
    That is the only "official" OS out for that phone. If you check out http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/ you will find many upgraded "unofficial" OS. They are fine but just not from Verizon. I have the speakerblast problem among other things but I'm thinking about moving on to the Tour shortly.
    07-11-09 12:33 PM
    There are people running hybrids that wind up using the 131 build radio file. From what I understand the 131 stopped the speaker blast issue. Try one of the hybrids or check out the 160 in the link that rts3k gave you.
    07-11-09 12:38 PM
    Thanks folks. Verizon just confirmed to me that 4.5.0.77 is the latest revision supported by Verizon. I don't want to void my warranty or otherwise encounter problems. Might go for the Tour.
    07-11-09 01:11 PM
    There are people running hybrids that wind up using the 131 build radio file. From what I understand the 131 stopped the speaker blast issue. Try one of the hybrids or check out the 160 in the link that rts3k gave you.
    .131 corrects speakerblast, but makes you 'chase the box' whenever you go to click a submit field. You get used to it, just approach the box from the side, not vertically.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 01:33 PM
    Thanks folks. Verizon just confirmed to me that 4.5.0.77 is the latest revision supported by Verizon. I don't want to void my warranty or otherwise encounter problems. Might go for the Tour.
    That would probably be beneficial to you. It should be a substantial improvement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD