I was trying to update my new Curve 8330 on Sprint to the new 4.5 OS and every time the updater hangs on the "Loading RAM" dialogue and won't budge past that. I've left it sitting for over an hour with the same thing.

Any ideas? Does the fact I'm running Windows 7 matter? I've even tried running the update and desktop manager software in compatibility mode.
    02-26-09 02:25 AM
    Yes, win7 is the problem.

What version of DM are you using as well?

If you don't have access to an XP or Vista machine, you can try DM 4.6 running in XP compatibility mode. No guarantees it'll work though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xliderider; 02-26-09 at 02:31 AM.
    02-26-09 02:28 AM
    Yes, running Windows 7 could very well be the reason that you are having the problems. I have seen many other people have problems using Windows 7. After all it is a Beta and the BB device ware is not configured for it. While some have had success using Windows 7; from what I've seen most have not.

I would definitely try it on a pc running XP or Vista.

~Jazzi~

02-26-09 02:32 AM
    Oops, just saw that you already tried running in compatibility mode. What version of DM was it? If it was 4.7 ditch it.

02-26-09 02:33 AM
    Jazzi, your font is making my eyes bleed. Lol

02-26-09 02:34 AM
    Try reading through this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/do-...ws-7-a-140215/

There are some suggestions to try like taking the battery out of your BB, etc. I didn't read past the first page.

02-26-09 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD