CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Update on GPS, VZN Curve and the Storm...

I came in a bit late on the other thread started last Summer about GPS, VZN and the Curve so I thought I'd kick off a new thread. I called VZN this morning and this is what I found out. I can get the navigation for free if I upgrade to their premium plan ($119/month + 9.95/phone add-on). Paying the $9.95 would be cheaper with what I have. The Storm will not have the GPS locked out because in order to use it, you have to get the premium plan which includes the GPS (priced as stated above). VZ will not tell their customer svc dept. the release date because they don't want it leaked out to the public. The price for upgrade has not been set yet either. So that's what I have, exactly the same as when I woke up this morning... I still like the Curve and will stick with it for now any hoot!!!
    ----------------------------------------------
    Mark...Rollingbones

I didn't lose my mind...
    ...I sold it on eBay
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,301 Global Posts
    PIN
    CHE palanca

I've been thinking about this for the past few weeks and I have to say that I really like this Curve. I want to want the Storm but I'm just not sold on it.

So I'm with you on this one. The more I use this phone the more I like it. I can text/bbm/post lightning fast on this device. Its a great phone.

The only drawback for me is the crappy BB browser. I'm using Opera Mini 4.2 beta now which is pretty good but I really wish RIM would make a killer browser.

So for now I'm passing on the Storm. Maybe when the 2nd Gen Storm comes out it will be worth the purchase.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    when it's pulled Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend

The only reason I'm not gettin the storm is it'll be crazt expensive for the first 3-5 months even with a new plan new phones on verizon are always expensive even with a plan after they released so ill wait til the price drops n every person in town has one lol all u see were I live is the voyager env2 and the env3 no bb's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

wow thats crazy. Everywhere I go now I see BB's everysince the pearl came out! all kinds of people have em and the curve of course but the pearl has put the bb into many none PDA type phone users hands.
    CrackBerry Genius

Berrys can not be on the Premium plan because the included web browser conflicts with the blackberry internet. Also, the price and release date was released to the public yesterday morning. $199 and Nov 21st.
    I never said most of the things I said. - Yogi Berra

Feedback Link
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Guess ;)

$250 with a $50 mail in rebate = $200 with 2 year plan
    Coming to a VZW store near you Friday!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

If this is true, someone needs to let their cusromer service department on their 800 number know anout it... Either way, it's gonna cost some scratch to get and until I see a reason to switch, I'm staying put. Touch screen bells and whistles don't really rock my world. Tell me what it can do for my day...yada.. yada... yada!!!
    ----------------------------------------------
    Mark...Rollingbones

I didn't lose my mind...
    ...I sold it on eBay