Hi Everyone,

I have several email accounts setup on my BB (Yahoo & Gmail). Whenever I send an email from Gmail or Yahoo themselves, I get an email(message) sent to my blackberry with a copy of that email.

I already turned off the "Hide Sent Messages" option. Is there another setting that I am missing?

Thanks for your help in advanced.
    02-24-09 06:59 AM
    I know I have seen posts about a gmail solution. Search gmail sent message here and on google.
    02-24-09 07:02 AM
    gmail does that. There have been other threads about this, but I'll tell you. You have to log on to your carrier specific BIS (blackberry internet service) and create a filter. From there, you would, at the top, name the filter anything. then where it says an email address, put your own gmail address. ([email protected]) at the bottom, you should see where it says "do not send messages to device." check that and hit save.
    02-24-09 07:03 AM
    Jakeberry is right. Create a filter on your BIS account. I name my filter "me". Then you can select which way to filter ie from,to,cc,blah blah. Select the from and then use your email address and it will stop.
    02-24-09 07:06 AM
    Ah-ha! This a great info-cuz wen I send emails only 2 certain people I then get an email saying "your email have been del'd to the receipient" blah blah blah... Thanks guys/girls!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 07:32 AM
    My e-mail doesn't do that, (because I don't have a gmail account), but when I send a text message it stays in my messages folder. I don't want to keep the text that I sent, so how do I change that option?

Sorry to hijack, but why start another thread for something very similar.

TIA.
    02-24-09 07:48 AM
    Onegirlcreative you need to go to messeages- oprtions-general options- hide sent messages -yes..

02-24-09 07:54 AM
    Thank you for your responses.

I figured it out.

This is what I needed to do to get it to work (Verizon Wireless):

1. Setup a Username & Password (Call Verizon Tech Support)
    2. Login To BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) on your PC https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    3. Setup a filter for gmail (I labeled it me)
    4. Have it filter on the From address and set to your gmail email account
    5. Select the open to NOT forward to your device
    6. Done

Hope this helps others
    02-24-09 08:12 AM
    Onegirlcreative you need to go to messeages- oprtions-general options- hide sent messages -yes..

Awesome. That worked perfectly.
    02-24-09 10:09 AM
    What's the direct link for Sprint users? I have racked my brain with the search option.
    02-27-09 08:07 PM
    What's the direct link for Sprint users? I have racked my brain with the search option.

BlackBerry Internet Service
    02-27-09 08:08 PM
    I have Alltel, and my BIS site does not give me options to create filters. Does anyone know how to do this with Alltel? I haven't seen the answer to this for Alltel users in any of the other gmail threads.

02-27-09 08:18 PM
    Nevermind I figured it out...and for anyone else who's a dumb blonde like me lol, you can't create filters off your bb, you have to do it from a computer.

So glad I got rid of those annoying duplicates!!!!!

02-27-09 09:48 PM

Thanks a ton for the link.

I have a quick question.

Filter name:

Apply filter when:

Contains:

I filled in filter name, and apply filter when, but what do I put in contains?
    02-28-09 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD