I have my Confirm Delete disabled in my email general settings and my email reconciliation settings for all my accounts set to delete emails on the device. Starting today, when I select more than one email, text, etc. to delete, it pops up the delete confirmation prompt. I pulled the battery and tried again. Still, the confirmation dialog pops up.

If I delete individual messages, there is no dialog.
    08-05-10 02:46 PM
    That sounds like a safety feature to me. Making sure you really want to delete multiple emails.
    08-05-10 03:11 PM
    Thank you for the reply.

A safety feature it may be, but it's one unwanted by me.
    08-05-10 03:14 PM
    Are you using Menu/Delete or the Delete (Del) key?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 04:00 PM
    The delete key. I swear it didn't prompt me when I used the delete key up until today though.
    08-05-10 04:10 PM
    I haven't tried selecting multiples, but I would thing it would work. Change anything since it last worked? New apps? You could try a restore to before it started. Good luck MH, keep us posted.

08-05-10 04:16 PM
    The only change I made between then and now was deleting an email address I was no longer using.

I will restore it if nothing else works.
    08-05-10 04:25 PM
    Performed restoration to last Friday's settings. Did this get rid of the prompt? Of course not! Maybe I was remembering incorrectly, but I could've sworn that I didn't use to get prompted to delete multiple messages.
    Last edited by MoonHowler2009; 08-05-10 at 04:55 PM.
    08-05-10 04:52 PM
    Maybe the evil bb gremlin changed your delete prompt settings when you were napping! Does deleting single messages activate the prompt?

08-05-10 05:41 PM
    Almost seems that way.

No prompt when I delete single messages, only when I delete multiple.
    08-05-10 05:44 PM
    Since I have never tried deleting multiples that way, I would be inclined to say it's a fail safe feature. I usually delete or save mine right after reading them or I would try it to confirm. I'll save some up and try it. Then post back if I can locate this post a day from now.

08-05-10 06:32 PM
    Hey Moonhowler, just highlighted 3 texts @ the same time and pressed the Del button and...... Delete confirmation box popped up. And I have it set not to. Like I suspected, fail safe just to make sure we're not too drunk to know what we're doing! Haha Well that was a good brain exercise. See you in the forums. A.

08-05-10 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD