I have less than 2 GB of .mp3's on an 8 GB micro SD card on a BB 8310 running on 4.2.2.170. Some of the mp3 files do not appear on the media player. When I go to Media, Menu, Explore, MediaCard, BlackBerry, Music.......then all the mp3's DO appear, however when I scroll to a previously unlisted mp3 and try to access the tune, I get the message:

"The media being played is of an unsupported format"
    .....now granted, some of these .mp3's are of uncertain pedigree, some having been previously converted from other formats such as .m4p, etc.

So my question is this: Does anyone have any info on a converter that I can run all my .mp3 files thru to insure that the BB Media player will "support" them all?

Many thanks!
    07-20-08 10:06 AM
    I use dbpoweramp for all my audio conversion. Just specify your output settings, and it does the rest.
    07-20-08 03:11 PM
    OK, I reformatted my card and am having better luck today downloading music. I think I just have too much of a hodgepodge of audio files converted all sorts of ways and that caused the format incompatability issues - an old Bob Dylan tune still showed up after reformatting. Man he is one tenacious dude! So, I deleted him, reformatted the card again and Bob was gone.

Today, I bought new mp3's from Rhapsody and the Curve has recognized them all so far.....fingers crossed....but that means buying all new music ...$$.

I'll check out dbpoweramp and see if I can salvage any files. Thanks for your reply bosartig!
    Last edited by michtx; 07-20-08 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    07-20-08 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD