For many years I have wanted a Blackberry... this past August I took the plunge and finally got one... the Blackberry Curve seemed to be full of promise... and sadly I am left disappointed.

Unfortunately, (to my knowledge) Curve doesn't allow you to watch video's found online (Youtube or elsewhere) nor does it allow you to listen to music (no ability to use Flashplayer or anything similar).

Are their programs/updates/applications/etc that allow you to configure the Curve to carry out these particular things?

I was disappointed that altho it has the technology, up until this point, video recording has also not been an option... but I understand that an upcoming update to the OS will allow this to occur. Is this correct? When will this be available? And is such an upgrade easy to install for some who (like myself) has very little computer savy.

Thanks!
    11-08-07 06:04 PM
    For video, you can check out blueapple.mobi. Using this application, I've watched YouTube videos. As for music, the Curve has great capabilities. No Flash, you're right, but that has no bearing on music playback. I just drag and drop tunes from iTunes onto a microSD (2B) media card I installed. right now I have a couple of hundred mp3's on my card - I'm a;lways listening to music. I also put pictures and videos there.

The story about the OS upgrade was indeed posted on this site. I don't think there is firm date yet for release and I don't expect, for those of us new to Blackberry, that it will "easy". I do expect there will be a lot of help to find here when the time comes.

Good luck!
    11-08-07 07:52 PM
    from what I've read, RIM is in progress of integrating flash into the BB.

Youtube is just a hop, skip and jump away.

you can also convert vids from youtubs/myspace video and load them onto a micro SD to watch (tedious, but the only option currently)

but that's what I do if I truly REALLY want to watch something over and over again.
    11-08-07 08:22 PM
    yea, as mr. h said blueapple.mobi is great for watching the utube videos. just go to the link on your phone and u can search for the videos from their site. someone posted their web address a little while back and ive been using it ever since, its great.
    11-11-07 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD