I just purchased another Blackberry to replace my first 8330 that failed due to water damage. A received the second phone a few days ago, with plans to activate it this weekend, but yesterday I went to check a contact (I put my old contacts on it already for reference), and the phone was completely unresponsive to keyboard and trackball inputs. Later (20-30 minutes) I noticed that the phone had finally responded to when I had pressed the menu button almost a half hour before. Battery pulls have not helped, the phone remains frozen with just the time and background showing for about 15 minutes after resetting, after which the icons and battery meter etc load up. It also freezes at the security tests often after booting up.

What should I do?

P.S. There's no water damage
    06-12-09 06:54 AM
    bump...30 views and no help??
    06-12-09 09:28 AM
    Sounds like something in your backup might not be liked by the OS. Did you add 3rd party applications?

I would try to wipe the device and just brong back the backup if you addred 3rd party applications. Run with this only for a bit. then start adding any application one at a time and see which one causes the problem. Then you will know.

If it is just from the back up and no applications, then if you current sync just sync and do not restore from a backup
    06-12-09 09:33 AM
    That's the thing, I haven't even restored my old backup yet, its been wiped twice since i bought it. Should I try reinstalling the OS? That's not so simple since i'm a mac user, but I'll find a way if thats the route I should take.
    06-13-09 04:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD