I am at work and get e-mails all day long. I have my blackberry hooked up to my computer but when I read the e-mails through my computer they don't get marked as read on my blackberry, so at the end of the day I have 80-100 unread emails on my blackberry that I have to go through? Any way of getting them to "read" each other to see what is being read and what is not? FYI - My box for e-mail reconciling is grayed out and I can't check it. Thoughts and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
    01-05-09 04:28 PM
    They wont get marked as read on your blackberry, why not just delete them all if you have read them on the laptop and have those copies there.

If you read it on your BB, it should be marked as read on your PC, but it doesnt work the other way around, (unless BES - Im not 100% sure with this tho - someone may correct me)
    01-05-09 04:31 PM
    It's unclear if the OP is on BES or not. To Rachel's point, on BES *everything* is synchronized in both directions between desktop client (Outlook, for example) and handheld. Everything, that is, that is configured by the user to do so. On BES, If I read, delete, or move a message to another folder either on desktop or handheld, that action is mimicked on the other device, usually in seconds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 04:54 PM
    It's unclear if the OP is on BES or not. To Rachel's point, on BES *everything* is synchronized in both directions between desktop client (Outlook, for example) and handheld. Everything, that is, that is configured by the user to do so. On BES, If I read, delete, or move a message to another folder either on desktop or handheld, that action is mimicked on the other device, usually in seconds.

I am not sure if I am on BES, how do i find out?
    01-05-09 04:59 PM
    I am not sure if I am on BES, how do i find out?
    If this is your personal phone and you are not "attached" to a corporate server
    you are not on BES - BlackBerry Enterprise Server. You are on BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service
    01-05-09 05:16 PM
    One way to find out... Options>Advanced>Enterprise Activation. If you are on BES you will see activation information. I'm not sure but "Enterprise Activation" may not even be there If not on BES. I think you'd know if you're on BES - this is the full-blown corporate solution where your BlackBerry is fully synchronized wirelessly to your corporate email/calendar/task/notes system. I suspect Rachel's first reply carries the day here.

01-05-09 06:42 PM
    Enterprise activiation is there even on BIS. For me it is.

This OP emailed, is on BIS, so I explained the *delete prior* method and also the hightlight-delete method.
    01-05-09 06:47 PM
    also if for some reason you want to keep any of them you can just mark prior read.

I had to do that when I switched from 8100 to 8310 because when I resent service books I also resent two months of emails
    01-05-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD