I had paid for my T-Mobile Blackberry 8320 to be unlocked since I am in Asia and the SIM card was unlocked; however when I put in a local SIM card from SingTel, it only allows me to make emergency calls. Can anyone please help. Thank you in advance.

The advance options, SIM card screen reads as follows...

SIM card: Security Disabled
    ID: 898........
    Personalisation:
    SIM Disabled
    Network Disabled
    Network subset Disabled
    Service Provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled
    Phone Numbers:
    Unknown Number
    Unknown Number
    09-18-08 09:23 AM
    Are you sure the device was unlocked properly?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 09:26 AM
    I had paid for my T-Mobile Blackberry 8320 to be unlocked since I am in Asia and the SIM card was unlocked; however when I put in a local SIM card from SingTel, it only allows me to make emergency calls.

Can anyone please help. Thank you in advance.

The advance options, SIM card screen reads as follows...

SIM card: Security Disabled
    ID: 898........
    Personalisation:
    SIM Disabled
    Network Disabled
    Network subset Disabled
    Service Provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled
    Phone Numbers:
    Unknown Number
    Unknown Number
    09-18-08 09:27 AM
    It looks like you're unlocked ok by your settings, Is it a prepaid card you're using? try to register with that cards network. options>advanced host routing table, hit menu register now.
    09-18-08 09:29 AM
    try another sim card.
    09-18-08 09:35 AM
    Hi Pltaylor,

I tried and went to Host Routing Table and there were no entries to be able to hit menu register. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    09-18-08 10:23 AM
    yeah there wont be. once in HRT if you hit menu you should see register now. that will pull the networks routing info to your device.
    09-18-08 10:25 AM
    also if its a prepaid card you may want to call them and make sure it got activated ok.
    09-18-08 10:27 AM
    Hi Oakie

Tried another local card and it still says "only emergency calls are allowed"
    09-18-08 10:29 AM
    I tried the local SIM card on my wife's phone and it works. Just not on my Blackberry. I guess I will try to ask SingTel tomorrow about the HRT. Thanks for your help.
    09-18-08 10:31 AM
    register the device on the network.

options > advanced options > host routing table > menu > register now
    09-18-08 10:33 AM
    after Host Routing Table, it just says "no entries" so I can't select menu>register now
    09-18-08 10:36 AM
    when it says no entries, press the button left of the trackball and select register now
    09-18-08 10:38 AM
    I'm trying to help you but don't keep making duplicate threads. I've been leaving help in the other one...http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/unl...ed-help-73462/
    09-18-08 10:39 AM
    The duplicate threads have now been merged.
    09-18-08 10:54 AM
    sorry about the duplicated threads. i am new here.

i am trying benzworm advice to 'register now'; pressed 'register now' and now waiting for something to happen; a message popped saying "registration message queued. it will be sent once data coverage is available". I have full signal bars and GSM showing on the top right hand corner though
    09-18-08 11:06 AM
    My 8320 was unlocked using the instructions from TMO but my sim menu doesn't show what his says. How do tell is the phone was unlocked?

Can you try picking a mobile network from the connection manager? Would that change anything?

09-21-08 01:36 AM
    My 8320 was unlocked using the instructions from TMO but my sim menu doesn't show what his says. How do tell is the phone was unlocked?

Can you try picking a mobile network from the connection manager? Would that change anything?

putting another operator's sim card in the device is pretty much the only other verification other than the MEPP screen.
    09-21-08 03:30 AM
    sorry nvm forgot had to put in MEPD to get that screen.
    09-21-08 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD