Hi,

I just bought an unlocked T-Mobile Blackberry Curve 8320 running on OS V4.2.2.180 (Platform 2.5.0.36) and using it on the AT&T network.

My understanding is that the new OS that comes pre-installed should include Blackberry Messenger, Windows Live and whole load of other applications. So happens, my Blackberry doesn't...how do I remedy this situation?

If I flash it with the new software listed under T-Mobile in the Blackberry website, would it 're-lock' my phone?

I also tried using Application Loader Wizard and I get the following message: "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"

Thanks.
    05-05-08 03:15 PM
    It will not re-lock your phone. Unlocking a phone is permanent. However to get the T-Mobile 8320 OS you need to enter a T-Mobile phone number.

Application Loader Error - BlackBerryFAQ
    05-05-08 03:21 PM
    Can't you download and use ATTs Desktop Manager? Since its unlocked, ATTs DM version should work with yours. Anybody correct me if I'm wrong though.

I

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 03:25 PM
    Desktop Manager is not specific to the carrier. But the OS is. You can put another carrier's OS on a device, so long as it is the same model. You cannot put the OS of an 8310 on an 8320.
    05-05-08 03:28 PM
    So I guess he doesn't have a choice but to get Tmo's DM.

Tweephol:
    If you can wait around 4-5 hours, I can download it for you. PM me if interested.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD