I am a complete Blackberry novice and don't understand any of this stuff, but my sister gave me an AT&T BB 8310 Curve. I had it unlocked and added a BlackBerry web and data service to my T-mobile account for the phone. Everything works fine, including internet access, but when I click on the email setup icon to set up my email I get an AT&T logo and get the message: "We apologize, there was an error trying to access the service. Click here to try again". If I click on "retry" it goes to the t-zones internet page (T-Mobile) when I click on retry -- no email setup in sight. I tried to set up the email service on the T-Mobile website, but when I click on "set up email service" there I get the same error message. I went to the T-Mobile store and the sales person called tech support, but nothing they tried worked. I was told because it is an AT&T phone, I won't be able to get email to work on my T-Mobile service and I need to buy a T-Mobile phone. Can anything be done?

Here is what I have done so far with no resolution of the problem. I downloaded the 4.5 os, deleting the vendor file before I loaded it onto the device. I still can't set up the email. I changed the tcp setting to the T-Mobile setting. No help there. T-Mobile removed the provisioning and re-added me. No change. They had me re-register using host routing table -- nada.

Has anyone purchased an at&t 8310 curve and sucessfully unlocked it and used it with T-mobile service with all the features? Any other ideas? All help appreciated!
    04-07-09 01:24 PM
    You should be able to get TMO email on your BB. That said, I'm not sure why it's not working.
    04-07-09 02:25 PM
    It sounds like to me that when the phone was "unlocked" that they didn't clear the PIN on the BIS(BlackBerry Internet Service) or even worse the BES(BlackBerry Enterprise Server). The PIN is hardware specific and will not change from provider to provider since it is assigned by RIM.
    04-07-09 03:05 PM
    It sounds like to me that when the phone was "unlocked" that they didn't clear the PIN on the BIS(BlackBerry Internet Service) or even worse the BES(BlackBerry Enterprise Server). The PIN is hardware specific and will not change from provider to provider since it is assigned by RIM.
    Can this be accomplished now?
    04-07-09 03:35 PM
    Well I would call up T-Mobile and see if they can pull up the PIN in there system. Have you set up a BIS account yet through T-mobile? Make sure that you talk to the BlackBerry tech support, you will probably have to go through a couple of people to get to them.
    04-07-09 03:46 PM
    Well I would call up T-Mobile and see if they can pull up the PIN in there system. Have you set up a BIS account yet through T-mobile? Make sure that you talk to the BlackBerry tech support, you will probably have to go through a couple of people to get to them.
    Thanks. T-Mobile support shows my PIN and IMEI in their system. So far, they have been unable to set up my BIS account. They are researching that glitch and will let me know. When I go to the T-Mobile bis I get the "We apologize, there was and error . . ." so I am unable to set up the email from the BIS site or from the device; can't resend Service Book from the web, etc.

Hoping someone on this forum has a solution.
    04-07-09 03:51 PM
    Well at least T-mobile has confirmed that it is on there end. How long have you been having this problem?
    04-07-09 04:40 PM
    I've had a customer who had the same issue. BB support will issue a ticket and research a way to fix the problem. Usually it's an IMEI and PIN issue. If you can't change your e-mail through your phone, then definitely try it through your my.t-mobile account and see if it allows you to add your PIN and add e-mails/send service books. If you have any other concerns, dial 611 from your phone and Customer Care can try to help you out.
    04-07-09 06:33 PM
    I've had a customer who had the same issue. BB support will issue a ticket and research a way to fix the problem. Usually it's an IMEI and PIN issue. If you can't change your e-mail through your phone, then definitely try it through your my.t-mobile account and see if it allows you to add your PIN and add e-mails/send service books. If you have any other concerns, dial 611 from your phone and Customer Care can try to help you out.
    By "BB support" do you mean T-Mobile support (my carrier)? My "my.t-mobile" account will not allow me to access the BIS to change anything.

My sister called AT&T today and they confirmed that the PIN and IMEI were released when she canceled the account. She said they indicated I may need to contact RIM for a fix.

At this point I am at a complete loss as to what should be done to correct the problem.
    Last edited by Larry L; 04-07-09 at 11:01 PM.
    04-07-09 10:58 PM
    Well at least T-mobile has confirmed that it is on there end. How long have you been having this problem?
    Since I initiated the service through T-Mobile: April 3rd.
    04-07-09 10:59 PM
    Well my gut feeling is that the PIN is not completely out of AT&T yet. I'd wait and call back T-mobile within they next day and see what they have to say. If you end up having to talk to RIM they should be able to fix the problem pretty quickly since they have access to everything since it is a service that is through their servers.
    04-08-09 02:41 AM
    Well my gut feeling is that the PIN is not completely out of AT&T yet. I'd wait and call back T-mobile within they next day and see what they have to say. If you end up having to talk to RIM they should be able to fix the problem pretty quickly since they have access to everything since it is a service that is through their servers.
    I had my sister call AT&T as the phone was initially hers. They assured her the phone PIN and IMEI were deactivated and removed from their system. They told her that I need to call RIM and they provided the phone number. Sometime today I will call them. Haven't heard back from T-Mobile, but noticed they changed my phone back to a Motorola on the My T-Mobile site.
    04-08-09 11:02 AM
    I am having the EXACT same problem!!! What is the number to RIM and please let me know if you find a solution
    04-08-09 04:50 PM
    Problem solved! I called Blackberry/RIM today. They searched their data and discovered that AT&T gave my sister incorrect information. The PIN was indeed still being held by AT&T for an email account. They gave me the AT&T contact number and said to be sure and have my sister speak to someone from the Data Support Team and ask them to release the PIN number. Thirty minutes later I went to option>advanced options>host routing table (scrolled to the bottom)>menu>register now. I went to the email setup icon on my Blackberry after I got the text message that I was registered on Blackberry. The email setup worked and email is now coming in.

The support number for Blackberry/RIM is 1-877-255-2377. The number for AT&T (ask for member of Data Support Team) is 800-331-0500. The option selected for non-tech support with Blackberry/RIM indicated a fee would be need to be paid with a credit card, but the lady who helped me did not ask for it and the help was free.
    04-08-09 08:55 PM
    Problem solved! I called Blackberry/RIM today. They searched their data and discovered that AT&T gave my sister incorrect information. The PIN was indeed still being held by AT&T for an email account. They gave me the AT&T contact number and said to be sure and have my sister speak to someone from the Data Support Team and ask them to release the PIN number. Thirty minutes later I went to option>advanced options>host routing table (scrolled to the bottom)>menu>register now. I went to the email setup icon on my Blackberry after I got the text message that I was registered on Blackberry. The email setup worked and email is now coming in.

The support number for Blackberry/RIM is 1-877-255-2377. The number for AT&T (ask for member of Data Support Team) is 800-331-0500. The option selected for non-tech support with Blackberry/RIM indicated a fee would be need to be paid with a credit card, but the lady who helped me did not ask for it and the help was free.
    Thanks a lot! I am having the exact same problem and I'm having to deal with it while im outside the country with an incompetent service provider!!
    08-26-12 05:19 AM
    Open up options on your BB, Advanced Options -> Service Books, see if the Email service book is there,if it's not there then reload the service books. To do so follow this process:

1. Download the attachment and extract it somewhere where you can find it later
    2. Fire up your BB, navigate to Settings -> Advanced -> Service Books
    3. Holding ALT on your keyboard, type SBEB
    4. You should get a confirmation message: "Legacy SB Restore Mode Enabled"
    5. Ok, put your BB aside for a moment and open up BB Desktop Manager
    6. Connect your BB through USB
    7. Click on "Device" on the left hand top corner
    8. Click on "Restore" and select the .ipd file you just extracted
    9. Click Restore, should take a couple of seconds
    10. After its done, safetly remove your BB
    11. Check under service books and your Email service book should be there!

You can then set-up your email as usual, if you have any questions etc. feel free to PM me...
    09-08-12 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD