I have a 8320 unlocked. With my old sim card it worked no problem. I got a new 3G service card and upgraded my service with BB service. I put in the new card and it only allows SOS calls and it says my sim card is rejected. Granted my new ICCID is different on the card they gave me, but should that make ahuge difference? Bit of a noob on these phones but I am a sys admin so I am not scared of changing things. I updated the OS when i got the phone. Any help would be appreciated.
    04-16-08 06:18 PM
    Your problem is that you need a 3G device to use a 3G sim card so yes it will be rejected as BB are not currently 3G.
    04-16-08 06:38 PM
    though we all can't wait til they are

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 06:41 PM
    my sim card has a 3g logo and i have a blackberry 8310 with at&t my phone works great and has every since i got it.
    04-16-08 06:55 PM
    Can't wait for the 3G and to not be insured.......
    04-16-08 08:24 PM
    my sim card has a 3g logo and i have a blackberry 8310 with at&t my phone works great and has every since i got it.

ditto...unlocked 8320 with at&t sim with a 3G logo on it
    04-16-08 09:03 PM
    same here, ALL new ATT SIM cards are 3G capable.
    04-16-08 09:04 PM
    Your problem is that you need a 3G device to use a 3G sim card so yes it will be rejected as BB are not currently 3G.
    wrong..... It will work but since the curve is not a 3g device it will bump it to edge. Have you tried the sim in another phone and get service?

Can't wait for the 3G and to not be insured.......
    what does that have to do with anything with OP question?
    04-16-08 09:34 PM
    My bad. I did't even rellize they were all 3G sim cards now. I had to pull out my own battery to see that. If the old sim card worked but the new 3G card does not, sounds like the card is defective.
    04-16-08 11:48 PM
    Yes all sims come standard 3g. They are all backwards compatible with EDGE & GPRS. This allows you to upgrade to a 3g device with ease.

I would ensure the sim is snugged in tight in the sim card holder under the battery.

Also if you are still having this issue, I would then go to an AT&T branded store and get a free sim card.
    04-16-08 11:52 PM
    Have you clled and spoke to an AT&T rep? When i got my curve i called and they asked for the IMEI to associate with the account.
    04-17-08 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD