Thanks to tmag's help, a BlackBerry Curve is making its way across the pond to me. I'm excited!

So the phone should be here on Tuesday. The unlock code from o2 has been ordered and we should have it by the time the phone arrives (or maybe a day or two later).

So the question...how much of a headache am I in for? Will unlocking it and getting the phone running on Rogers be easy or a pain? Any recommendations?

I'll keep this thread updated as I go through the process....
    05-25-07 01:24 PM
    If it unlocks ok I don't know why you'd have any problem at all. Unlock phone. Switch device wizard should do the rest. You will have to change your pin and imei on the BIS but that should be it. If you're on a BES that could be another story.
    05-25-07 01:58 PM
    Hi Kevin,

Good luck with the unlocking. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Best,
    CarBob
    05-25-07 05:21 PM
    Kevin, you should have no trouble. I'm fairly certain you have unlocked and switched BBs before, no reason the Curve should give you any trouble.
    05-26-07 10:36 AM
    I think i should hold the Unlock Code ransom!!

$1m or the paper is shredded!
    05-26-07 02:06 PM
    You wouldn't do that!!! haha.

Delivery of the Curve was supposed to come by 12 noon today. Looks like UPS is dragging their butts. Hopefully tomorrow morning. And hopefully we can get it unlocked asap!
    05-29-07 05:19 PM
    It wants to....even i am frustrated for you....
    05-30-07 04:21 PM
    You sure will enjoy that Curve once you receive it and have it unlocked. I switched from my 8800 to the Curve in London with no problems at all. I hope your switch is just as easy.
    05-31-07 03:32 AM
    good evening to all here...
    i'm a newb, that just recieved his curve via mail today.
    i don't mean to jack the post but i was wondering kasper who did you go with to unlock your curve?
    i've been reading all the posts and it seems like everyone has their own good/bad story on how they unlocked thier bb.
    i too have been searching for a free way to unlock bb's with no luck.
    great job on the site and i'll be reading up till i figure this thing out.
    06-06-07 11:52 PM
    He got the unlock code straight from O2 via me, but i have to tell you it wasnt easy! RIM/O2 handed out a bunch of rogue codes and it wasnt untile the second code that we got it unlocked...
    06-07-07 03:23 AM
    so its not as easy as downloading the o2 version of the bb software and poping in the sim and off you go?
    how is the phone working now? was there any kinks that poped up the first few days/weeks you played with the phone?
    i'm curious to see if i should just get an att plan to go along with the phone. I got a great deal for the phone but if theres alot more hassel with just unlocking the phone then i'll just transfer my plan from t-moble to att...
    06-07-07 07:36 PM
    There was no hassle other than unlocking the phone. My only hassle came when I upgraded the OS to the ATT version. My browser disappeared and the only way I could get it back was downgrade back to the O2 operating system again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-07 01:39 AM
    So if I use an unlocked AT&T Curve on the Rogers network, should I keep the AT&T OS? And I guess just send the service books via Roger's website or AT&T's?
    Thx.
    06-14-07 12:55 AM
    You don't need to change the OS just because you are using the Handheld on another network.
    06-14-07 12:58 AM
    Great; any idea about the service books?
    06-14-07 01:08 AM
    They will be pushed by Rogers based on the provisioning on your account.

1. Unlock BB.
    2. Insert Sim Card
    3. Use BB.

It's a wonderful thing!
    06-14-07 01:14 AM
    Excellent info!
    Also, lastly, how does one delete the PIN/IMEI from the AT&T BIS site so I can set it up with Rogers' BIS website?
    06-14-07 01:22 AM
    That's the tricky part. Was it your account on Cingular? If not, it can be quite tricky to do if the original account holder can't/didn't do it. Call Rogers and see what they can do.
    06-14-07 01:58 AM
    Yes; my account on Cingular, with the PIN registered on the BIS site. Do I call a Cingy rep to delete my BIS info or can I do it myself, and how?
    06-14-07 02:02 AM
    Call them and have them cancel the BIS account. Then register it on Rogers.
    06-14-07 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD