Can anyone tell me if I will have problems if I use a unlocked AT&T Blackberry Curve on the T-mobile network? Cause I like the red curve better....
    10-16-07 12:23 AM
    Not at all! I've done it, and I even had the MyFaves on it, too. I do suggest that you get rid of that crappy AT&T theme as soon as you get the device. Better still, find the thread on unlocking ALL THEMES!
    10-16-07 03:29 AM
    No problems at all. I just used it on my recent trip to the USA and had no problem. What and how many other themes are there navilyn?
    10-16-07 08:29 AM
    I had an unlocked Curve on T-mobile before the curve actually got released for T-Mobile. I agree with Navilyn though get that AT&T them off the minute you turn this thing on. I had no problems with the curve on t-mobile you can get anything you want just have to know where to look for it
    10-17-07 10:43 AM
    New to Crackberry...Quick question

I have an unlocked 8300 from att on tmobile. How can I add myfaves...just by calling them?

Thanks so much...Your posts have been very helpful

Vic
    11-24-07 08:17 PM
    You need to subscribe to a myfaves plan, first. Then to add the myfaves you'll need to edit the blackberry.alx file to add the myfaves application files. Even if you don't use the myfaves application you still get the myfaves free calls.
    11-24-07 08:23 PM
    what would I need to do to edit the blackberry.alx file...can it be downloaded?
    11-24-07 09:45 PM
    what would I need to do to edit the blackberry.alx file...can it be downloaded?

When you download the new os to your computer, look in this directory:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8300-v4.2.2.166_P2.4.0.73

The last folder will be whatever version software you are using. In that folder, there is a file called blackberry.alx. You can edit it in notepad.
    11-24-07 10:00 PM
    thanks...but to add my myfaves app files, would would I need to edit? Searched for Kasper's sticky, but couldnt find it.

Thanks a lot!
    11-24-07 10:02 PM
    Can anyone tell me if I will have problems if I use a unlocked AT&T Blackberry Curve on the T-mobile network? Cause I like the red curve better....
    I just got an unlocked AT&T 8300 and I'm having issues setting it up with T-Mobile. All of my data and functions are working, except I can't change the OS to the T-Mobile version. Right now it shows v4.2.2.89 which is AT&T. I have installed the newest desktop manager and OS (v4.2.2.180) and when I try to run the application loader I get the error "The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device etc.". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and even tried on another PC with no luck. If I try to add a .alx file I still get an error. Any ideas?
    11-30-07 10:22 AM
    i flashed my gf's and my mom's curve to the latest 8300 software, delete the vendor.xml file (not sure where exactly it's located, search for it with windows explorer, it pops up right away), delete it and flash, you'll be all set. myfavs only shows up if you have the myfavs plan, once your phone registers to the network, the myfavs app pops up automatically...
    11-30-07 10:27 AM
    Like fiya stated, the vendor file must be deleted AFTER you've installed the latest OS on your pc...
    Location of vendor file is here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    11-30-07 11:05 AM
    Like fiya stated, the vendor file must be deleted AFTER you've installed the latest OS on your pc...
    Location of vendor file is here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    Oops I meant to mention that I had already deleted the file on each installation. I did exhaust myself for a few hours this morning with searching the forums and FAQ. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I should have asked what the next step would be if deleting the file doesn't work?
    11-30-07 11:42 AM
    Any takers? I'd love to have this thing working....
    12-01-07 07:43 AM
    I know it works since I've done this before. So, I say start over; uninstall EVERYTHING.

1. Install the latest OS onto your pc...
    2. Delete the vendor file, here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    3. Connect your device to your pc...
    4. It should automatically see it as a new device, and thus upgrade the OS...
    5. Life should be good now...
    12-01-07 08:14 AM
    Thanks for getting back to me Navi. It seems I am always the guy who has that one thing that everyone else gets working with the simple steps. I always get the strange issues. I'm going to try this in a few hours when I get back but if you could also tell me at which step would I install the desktop software? I'm thinking either first or second....
    12-01-07 09:04 AM
    ...step 2a would be fine.
    12-01-07 09:28 AM
    Yeah its a no go. I'm going to T-Mobile and using the OS 4.2.2.180 and I've tried both of the desktop managers (with and without the media manager) Each time I get the same error. I'm wondering if the fact that the phone is the 8300 and the OS says 8320 could be a factor. What about the service books?

I think I just realized that there is a difference between the 8300 and the 8320 and I bet thats my problem. I was thinking the 8300 was the AT&T version and the 8320 was the T-Mobile. Now I look and see that AT&T has an 8310 so I'm betting thats why I'm having the problem...... Am I correct?
    Last edited by electrictomato; 12-03-07 at 07:59 AM. Reason: new information
    12-02-07 12:40 PM
    why is necessary to delete the vendor file??
    10-12-08 01:29 PM
    i'm going to upload my os to 4.5 on my curve from t-mobile, it will not cause any problems to my device doing that?, any of the default apps will be deleted like my faves??
    thanks!!
    10-12-08 01:30 PM
    Didn't happen to me. you should be fine.
    10-12-08 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD