So I bought an unlocked 8320 Curve (T-Mobile) from Ebay and I frequently get the SOS (No Coverage) signal. It would happen randomly, sometimes I would have signal then a few minutes later No Coverage and usually I would have great coverage on other phones.

I called ATT and they told me that sometimes phones even when unlocked have problems switching to another carrier because it is still originally linked to the primary service, which in my case it is linked to T-Mobile and I am using ATT.

I don't know if the man was just feeding me bs, but I don't really have much of a clue to come to my own assumptions anyway.

The phone works fine, except for the SOS/No Coverage thing randomly happening.

It's driving me crazy because when I go back to my old Nokia brick phone, it would have full signal, then try my BB Curve and it would have no coverage.

It suck's because I can't make or receive calls or texts.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do? Has anyone had this problem before? Is there something I could do with the setup or something to make this work? Is this a hardware or a software problem?

I tried the battery pull, that doesn't really do anything.

I think I'm just going to send it back for my refund and stay away from Blackberry if this problem isn't resolved.
    10-26-09 04:19 PM
    Yeah, that's BS. What os is on it? To find this go to options>about. It will be v4.5.0.___
    10-26-09 04:23 PM
    v4.5.81 (Platform 2.7.0.78)
    10-26-09 04:54 PM
    Bump.

10char.
    10-26-09 08:19 PM
    Change your middle housing cover. Buy one from eBay that comes with charger contacts and antenna preinstalled. I think your antenna is the problem. The fact that it is unlocked has nothing to do with this. I unlocked my BB not too long ago, it gets better signal then my dumb phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD