So, here's my story:

I had a BB 8310 with AT&T with no data plan. I switched to TMobile with a Nokia Nuron in May. I have the $10 data plan. I recently got my BB unlocked. Yay! I changed the apn to epc.tmobile.com. Everything works fine, I can surf the web, I installed the gmail app and it works great. Here's the catch...

99.9% of the time I am on an AT&T signal, which actually works fine. Everything works, no problem with TMobile service and the AT&T signal. The problem is that .1% when I'm on a TMobile signal, it doesn't.

So, I have service through Tmobile, an unlocked BB originally from AT&T, I am usually on AT&T towers and everything works.

But, TMobile service, an unlocked BB from AT&T, on a TMobile tower and only phone and texting works. Internet an email both give errors.

It's usually not a real big deal since I'm not on a TMobile tower very often, but when I am I'd like it to work. Any suggestions?

Hopefully I haven't confused everyone. Thanks in advance for any help.
    12-05-10 11:13 PM
    Is there a way that your device can be detected and certain services refused based on that? What I mean, is it possible that my $10 internet works on NON tmobile towers because they don't monitor, but it stops working on TMO towers because TMO detects a BB and they want you to pay for the BB plan?
    12-08-10 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD