I have a T-Mobile Blackberry Curve that we have unlocked. When we inserted the AT&T sim card it continues to receive email from the T-Mobile server.

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? The account with T-Mobile is no longer active.

Thanks!
    11-17-08 08:29 PM
    Try deleting the email account from the "email setup" app. The goto Options-Advanced Options-Host Routing Table. Click on the first numbers (in the list) then click your blackberry button then click "Register Now".

See if it then rwgisters on the new network. Only thing is the ATT branded apps won't be on your device. Just Hide the TMO apps.

You could possibly try to download the ATT OS from their site to get their branded apps. (I'd reccomend backing up your current device as is before hand though)

Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 08:38 PM
    So far the second option has worked...we will give it a little longer.

Thanks!

Try deleting the email account from the "email setup" app. The goto Options-Advanced Options-Host Routing Table. Click on the first numbers (in the list) then click your blackberry button then click "Register Now".

See if it then rwgisters on the new network. Only thing is the ATT branded apps won't be on your device. Just Hide the TMO apps.

You could possibly try to download the ATT OS from their site to get their branded apps. (I'd reccomend backing up your current device as is before hand though)

Hope this helps

11-17-08 08:54 PM
    Unfortunately it didn't work...still receiving emails. I don't have access to delete the old email stuff because the account has been canceled. This is so frustrating!

I called T-Mobile earlier and of course they said the account was canceled on their end and that they couldn't do anything. I am pretty sure they need to delete the IMEI out of their system and it would take care of the problem.
    11-17-08 09:14 PM
    Have you tried setting up email on the phone with the AT&T SIM
    card in it. If it returns a message saying the PIN or IMEI is in use
    then yes T-Mobile needs to release that for you. Give them that
    error message as confirmation that your info is still in their system.
    11-17-08 10:11 PM
    You won't be able to use att os on your unlocked tmobile curve. Att doesn't not use tmobile curve (8320) and only curve os att will release is for 8300 and 8310.

I don't think it's simple as just inserting att sim card to unlocked tmobile phone. You may have to have tmobile release pin and imei and reregister it with att bis (if you have bis) using a computer. Try logging on to att bis and try entering your pin and imei. If it takes it, create your email then resend the service book and if it doesn't, call tmobile.

11-17-08 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD