hello everybody.
    a little dilemma im in at the moment, after failing misrebly to unlock my blackberry myself using mfi on a windows 7 laptop i decided to go to a professional shop in my local town, i leave my bb with the guy for 30 minutes to come back to him telling me it wont unlock so he asks me to give him another 30 minutes, i then come back and he tells me that its not working, he tried to different codes in and nothing, told me to wsait 24 hours till and come back so the mep tries reset and go back up to 3 or what ever. he was using a box thing?
    can anybody help me and tell me if my phone is unlockable? one other thing, does it matter that the imei number on the box and under the battery is different to the number what comes up when you press *#06#?
    thankyou greatly for any info
    thankyou
    03-15-10 10:16 AM
    The number that comes up on the screen is supposed to reflect what was hardcoded on the motherboard when the phone was manufactured.

The phone had many codes in it with different purposes, so please check that you are reading the right code!

The number on the box reflects the number that was printed when the packaging was manufactured. If its not the same then please double check that you are reading the right code!

Why not call the original carrier and talk to them about it? They can do a background check on the phone and see if everything is legitimate.

The carrier can also provide you with the network unlock code.

Too many wrong guesses can render the phone useless.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-15-10 11:29 AM
    For example:

PUC (Phone Unlock Code) is different to NUC (Network Unlock Code).

Your carrier may use different names.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-15-10 11:31 AM
    i did not take it to a carrier shop i took it to some little phone repair shop whitch happens to unlock phones, i purchased the phone off ebay at a fairly low price and i am lead to beleive that the imei has been altered at some point..does this mean the phone cannot be unlocked? thankyou greatly
    03-15-10 12:16 PM
    You need the correct IMEI # to unlock the phone, so if it has been altered it might be hard to do.
    03-15-10 12:23 PM
    what if i can change the imei back to the original? can it be unlocked then?
    03-15-10 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD