Hi All. I did a search of the forums, and only found one like topic that didn't provide me with a fix. I bought an 8310 locked to AT&T and I use Tmobile. I have used every unlock service on ebay, countless websites etc... All have refunded my money because the servers don't have an unlock code for my IMEI.

The question I am asking my fellow crackberry addicts is this: How can I get my phone unlocked? Any Ideas?
    03-20-08 12:59 PM
    Call AT&T and see if they'll give you the code.
    03-20-08 01:04 PM
    03-20-08 01:19 PM
    I will give Horizon a try. But aren't they just like all the other services on eBay that offer remote unlocking via IMEI and their servers? I only ask, because none of them worked
    03-20-08 01:40 PM
    Call AT&T first and see if they will give you the code. It's less expensive !!!!!
    03-20-08 01:53 PM
    Would I just contact Customer Service/Tech Support. I have never had an account with AT&T so I don't see why they would want to talk to me. What excuse should I use for wanting to unlock it?
    03-20-08 02:45 PM
    Call their customer service and tell them that you have an AT&T phone that you need unlocked so that you can use it for travel. They may help, and they may not, but what have you got to lose other than a phone call.
    03-20-08 03:08 PM
    horizon guy is very good at getting codes vs other people.
    03-20-08 03:18 PM
    Will do guys. I'll report back with my findings when I get off of work. Thanks for the help guys.
    03-20-08 03:50 PM
    I have the exact same problem with a 8310 which I bought from eBay recently. I am living in Italy, I have absolutely no chance to use the phone without unlocking.
    ZeeMek, please post some info if you've found a solution...
    I will try to contact at&t, see if they can help.
    03-21-08 06:44 AM
    well, I called at&t, and they've recorded the request. They told me they will get back to me
    03-21-08 07:41 AM
    Great! As of right now, I am still awaiting a response from the Horizon website. I hope they get back to you. I didn't call AT&T yesterday because I was busy. Today is a new day however.
    03-21-08 07:43 AM
    well, I called at&t, and they've recorded the request. They told me they will get back to me
    Give em a good story.

You know..sick wife, sick dog, sick kids, whatever.

PS: I am not encouraging lying. Find a sick relative and tell em you gotta visit to see them and need your phone.
    03-21-08 03:59 PM
    Call back and try a different support person. Some of them will give it to you over the phone.
    03-21-08 04:15 PM
    Just an update: Horizon couldn't produce the code, and offered me a refund. Looks like my last option is to call at&t.

UPDATE: I called AT&T and they told me they were unfortunately unable to help. As of now I have a BB 8310 sitting in my room collecting dust. I am now at a loss. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by ZeeMek; 03-21-08 at 07:26 PM.
    03-21-08 07:12 PM
    Does your IMEI start with 000 or something like that
    03-21-08 07:46 PM
    If AT&T won't help you and none of the paid unlock services can provide the code, you may be out of luck. Unfortunately that is one of the dangers of buying a used BB. Of course you could always change carriers and go to AT&T where your Curve would work.
    Last edited by crimsontide; 03-21-08 at 08:06 PM.
    03-21-08 08:01 PM
    Wow, this is horrible. There is nothing a cell shop could hook up to the phone and physically unlock it?

Coldconfession my IMEI is: 355772019862726 - though I suppose there is no unlock code out there short of AT&T.
    03-21-08 08:11 PM
    Sorry for your troubles. I would call AT&T again (you will probably get a different representative) and tell them the complete truth about what your situation is. You might get lucky and get a representative that will help you.
    At this point you have nothing to lose. When I called AT&T to get my Curve unlocked, they were able to give me the code over the phone so I know it can be done if they want to!!!
    03-21-08 08:22 PM
    well the best you can do is trade it for an unlocked one. You have the crimson or titanium. You will be surprised on how many people would trade and they have an unlocked one and they also have AT&T. See if thats your best bet is to go to BBforums or pinstack. I'm not sure if this site has a section for this.
    03-21-08 08:23 PM
    Thanks guys for all your help. I am going to have my girlfriend call em a couple of times since girls generally get what they want

EDIT: I have the 8310 Titanium
    Last edited by ZeeMek; 03-21-08 at 08:39 PM.
    03-21-08 08:35 PM
    Hi all,
    still nothing on my side either.. Unfortunately I really don't have any other option than the unlock code..
    ZeeMek, if your girlfriend is in the mood, my IMEI is 359315012636097

BTW, I talked to the International Wireless Care on the phone. (I told them the truth, since I guess I am kind of innocent here) Any ideas who else I can call? I am getting a bit desperate, this phone was quite out of my range, but finally I could buy it, and voil�, can't use

So if anybody has any other idea ... well, share it!
    03-22-08 07:32 AM
    ZeeMek, sorry to hear that you have a very expensive brick laying around. I use ATT and may be interested in a trade of some sort, especially if you're interested in an 8320.
    Drop me a line at eric at eak dot net if you'd like.

Good luck,
    Eric

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 08:11 AM
    To give an update on the issue: I called AT&T a few times...
    1st time they opened a ticket, told me it will take about 5 business days.
    2nd time the girl actually checked the database, but told me that she did not find my IMEI (how ironic), so she transferred me to the BB support. Who obviously do not have the right to help me so they told me to call AT&T again.
    I did, all what I could do was to have another ticket opened.
    So, it seems, I have to wait, hoping that somebody finds that unlock code sometime......
    03-23-08 11:57 AM
    AT&T provided me the codes, working!
    03-28-08 03:14 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD