Is it possible to Unlock Sprint CDMA phones and use it on verizon network.

I have 8830 WE. GSM and CDMA and other phone, I can't remember, but its blackberry CDMA

thanks
    01-25-09 03:09 PM
    Typically, no. Verizon sells the 8830WE as well, so there's no reason for them to enable a Sprint model to be run on their network.
    01-25-09 03:12 PM
    Typically, no. Verizon sells the 8830WE as well, so there's no reason for them to enable a Sprint model to be run on their network.
    I have T-Mobile BB Curve unlocked. I use it on my AT&T network.

If its possible, plz let me know
    01-25-09 03:34 PM
    Typically CDMA phones can't go from network to network like unlocked GSM phones.
    01-25-09 04:07 PM

There is an unlocking thread in the 8830 forum. Read that, and if you're still not convinced, call Verizon and ask them. That's ultimately what you'll have to do anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 04:13 PM

You can unlock a GSM phone and use it on another GSM network. But you can't use an unlocked GSM phone on a CDMA network.
    01-25-09 04:20 PM

Even if you manage to get your hands on the subsidy code, CDMA carriers do not activate phones with ESNs that are not from their own stock.
    01-25-09 04:48 PM
    True but esn swapping isn't impossible. As dar asas I know you can't switch a phone from sprint to verizon or the other way around.

01-25-09 05:02 PM
    every1 thanks

but I was searching the net, and there are sites that sell unlocked CDMS phones, so I was wondering how do they do that?
    Last edited by stech786; 01-25-09 at 05:43 PM.
    01-25-09 05:39 PM
    Long and short, no you can't. Even if you buy an "unlocked" CDMA phone, VZW knows the ESN isn't from their stock and almost always will not activate. The whole unlocked CDMA phone is really more of a scam thing or geared towards small wireless companies that don't care as much how you got the device. As for ESN cloaning, its illegal, and you would need a valid BB ESN to cloan, so basicly you would need to buy a VZW phone anyways. Just sell your phone, buy a new one, they sell for less than 150 on craigslist

01-25-09 09:11 PM
    Some cellphone companies will let you bring your device from a previous carrier. I doubt that Verizon is one. As for unlocking a CDMA... you cannot unlock a CDMA phone. You can hack features but you cannot unlock it like an AT&T phone going to T-Mobile.
    01-25-09 09:56 PM
    Hi everyone, i just bought a BB storm and later realised it was a qualcomm 3g cdma phone. although it is working on a GSM network, they say i cant have access to the internet service. I am on the airtel network in Ghana Africa. Can any one help me pleease??? coz i really need to get the internet working.
    thanks.
    09-15-11 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD