While on the internet, on my blackberry it froze up. So i tried to hold down the power button to make it turn off, and i held it for like maybe a minute, and so it eventually turned off. When I turned it back on it says that I had three missed calls from an unknown number. What does this mean?

In an unrelated story, I need a way to get sick FAST! I don't wanna go to school tomorrow, and I need some real ways to actually get sick. not just the faking of the temperature with the flashlight think thing. (My parents don't use a thermometer)
    04-16-09 03:52 AM
    hmm.. im not sure about the missed calls, but if your berry freezes you should do a battery pull.. phone on pull the battery out and replace in thirty seconds.
    you think you might have mono.. always a good one
    04-16-09 03:55 AM
    Yank the battery. Powering off the device actually does nothing.

Pull the battery with the phone on, replace in 30 seconds or you could hit alt - rshift - del to reset the phone.

Missed calls? Maybe someone called you while the device was off?
    04-16-09 03:56 AM

Pull the battery with the phone on, replace in 30 seconds or you could hit alt - rshift - del to reset the phone.

my thoughts exactly .
    04-16-09 03:57 AM

But it was during the period of time when it was frozen. And why would it say unknown number? could it not figure out who was calling or something while it freezes?
    04-16-09 04:02 AM
    it could have just been from a number that isnt in your address book.. who knows..
    04-16-09 04:03 AM
    I was actually expecting a call, so I'm really just wondering, in case it was that call. But it has done that to me before, like when I try to do something like going on the internet and calling someone at the same time somehow or something.
    04-16-09 04:18 AM
    "somehow or something" hahaha.. i like that.. it could have been the call you were expecting. im not sure why you would have gotten the missed call icons but it wouldnt record the number if it was in your address book. i hope it wasnt too important of a call.
    04-16-09 04:22 AM
    "somehow or something" hahaha.. i like that.. it could have been the call you were expecting. im not sure why you would have gotten the missed call icons but it wouldnt record the number if it was in your address book. i hope it wasnt too important of a call.
    Muchos Gracias, and oh well i'll live without that call.
    04-16-09 04:26 AM
    de nada. buenos suerte
    04-16-09 04:28 AM
    I say just go to school...
    04-16-09 08:09 AM
    I just traded in my Storm for the 8830 World Edition yesterday and something similar to this has been happening with my Blackberry a lot. It's like my phone will freeze up and start ringing but I can't answer it and then when it unfreezes it says I have missed calls from Unknown numbers. I just reset it, so we'll see if that helps.
    05-13-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD