I've got an AT&T Curve 8310. The trackball on it doesn't scroll in any direction, but responds when i press it. Has any ever experienced this particular issue? The rest of the phone works fine. I've had the trackball replaced, and completely re-installed the software. Neither procedure has worked. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks for the help.
    04-08-09 03:21 PM
    Did the ball work at all when you replaced it? Like did it work for any period of time and then stop working again?

Mine won't work if it gets dirty and I just clean it, or use compressed air. Other than that...I'm not sure.
    04-08-09 03:40 PM
    I'm pretty much a newb also, FYI.....you're gonna get screamed at for not using the search feature. There are tons of threads about trackball issues, give the search a shot!!
    04-08-09 03:40 PM
    I have the Curve 8310 I think. I have Verizon and they replaced my phone when the track ball stopped working. I got the phone in December of 2008 and the trackball stopped working in February. The replacement phone stop typing m's so I got a new replacement one week ago. I love the blackberry curve but I don't want to keep having to have the phone replaced. See if your provider will replace it for you.
    04-08-09 04:06 PM
    thanks for the advice. the device is out of warranty, and i did do a search before i logged in. I'm a newbie to crackberry's forums, heck i'm still trying to get the hang of forums in general, so forgive me if this exact issue has been discussed. I'm not as new to actual blackberry's, but this is an issue i've never come across. if anyone can point me in the direction of a relevant post, or comes up with something so crazy that it just might work, you have my deepest thanks.
    04-08-09 05:58 PM
    Most of the time you don't have to replace the phone if you are having trackball issues. A simple cleaning or replacing the trackball will do the trick.

Take the trackball out and clean it. If that doesn't work it might be a problem with the replacement trackball you received. Call the supplier and tell them your problem. They will most likely send out a replacement.

If all else fails check out our site! (see below)
    04-08-09 06:05 PM
    Ok, if you have TB installed correctly, and it won't scroll, you may have flattened the copper dome beneath the ball on the motherboard. If this is the case, it's not such good news. This is not an easy fix, for it's a royal PITA, and is best performed by a pro.

I've seen this problem referred to a couple of times, and if the trackball is installed properly, is a very likely scenario as to what is going on.

You can surf by scrolling down with the spacebar, and use shortcuts for top and bottom, clicking the TB or enter key to select. It's inelegant, but it does work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD