I've searched around and can't find an answer to this...

For the new OS 4.5, you can "hide" certain pictures/folders through the Properties option. So, I hid one folder just to test it and it is certainly hidden now and I can't figure out how to "unhide" it.

Does anyone know how to do this?
    07-26-08 02:47 PM
    In the folder list, press menu, select show hidden, then go to that folder,
    press menu and then properties. Take the check out of
    the hidden box at the bottom and you're done.
    07-26-08 02:52 PM
    Ahhh it doesn't have that option in the menu to Show Hidden! This is driving me crazy...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 05:01 PM
    Ok I got it. It is only through the "Explore" menu in the media that you can select "Show Hidden." Whew.

07-26-08 05:29 PM
    Thanks, I just got this to work on my Storm, as well.
    12-07-08 08:19 PM
    I am using the Curve 8330 from Sprint. Where is the "explore" Menu??? This is driving me nutts!
    02-11-09 05:32 PM
    I found it. Good grief! That's a horrible procedure to get that but I guess if your trying to really hide a picture that will do the trick.
    02-11-09 05:35 PM
    This is way cool! since I have a folder of Mardi Gras photos that are not for public viewing!

02-11-09 06:02 PM
    AHhhhh....Mardi Gras. Fond memories.

02-11-09 09:12 PM
    I found it. Good grief! That's a horrible procedure to get that but I guess if your trying to really hide a picture that will do the trick.
    way to go, saying you found the answer but not sharing it, i was so frustrated!
    luckily i figured it out - so any of you that also have this problem here's where you go:

go to media (enter)
    HIGHLIGHT to pictures
    options button (BB button)
    explore!!!!!!!
    then go to media card/blackberry/pictures (or wherever your hidden folder is located)
    options button (BB button) "show hidden"

to unhide
    highlight the folder
    select properties
    uncheck the HIDDEN box
    04-19-09 08:29 PM
    way to go, saying you found the answer but not sharing it, i was so frustrated!
    luckily i figured it out - so any of you that also have this problem here's where you go:

go to media (enter)
    HIGHLIGHT to pictures
    explore!!!!!!!
    then go to media card/blackberry/pictures (or wherever your hidden folder is located)
    options button (BB button) "show hidden"

to unhide
    highlight the folder
    select properties
    uncheck the HIDDEN box

Awesome! Thanks for breaking it down....
    06-10-09 02:36 PM
    On my curve I had some pictures that i wanted to hide, so i went to media, then pictures, then my pictures, and i made a folder right above /media card and device memory. i then went to properties and made it hidden. since then, i have not been able to be able to find that folder. i have tried all the tips that everyone has written but those are for folders that are in the media card and it wont work. does anyone know how to uncover these files?
    06-23-09 04:09 PM
    I have a tour from Sprint and I can not unhide the picture folder when I go to the folder property it will show a check mark under hidden however it doesn't allow me to take of the check mark. Can some one help me??
    09-06-09 08:26 PM
    I'm having the same problem on my curve 8900...when I go into the media section and explore under the media card it only shows 4 of the 8 folders. When I select the show hidden it brings up the other 4 folders, but how do I make them visible??
    I can go to properties and it shows the check mark under hidden however I can't remove it??

Ok after messing around with it for awhile on the PC I figured it out.....if you go to search and type in the folder that is missing it will pull it up, then right click properties and un check the hidden box!
    Last edited by Zzl; 09-08-09 at 08:11 PM.
    09-08-09 06:41 PM
    I tried all that stuff and still can't recover the folder i checked "hidden" on. HOw in the world do i get this back? I can't find it anywhere.

i originally made a seperate folder in my pictures, and then clicked the "hidden" button. It's gone!! I've tried everything here..
    11-29-09 01:30 PM
    EDIT > posted this not realizing i was on a CURVE subforum.. but i'll leave it here in case someone else stumbles here through search like I did.

i have a storm 9530 running v5.0.0.419

There's no explore option on my phone.

Instead, I accessed the "show hidden" selection thru the menu in the "FILES" application.

It's located under the "applications" folder.

theSteve
    02-12-10 12:49 PM
    Thank u thank u steve!

02-21-10 02:26 PM
    I have the Blackberry bold 9700 and I hid a picture to show my friend but now i cant unhide it and everyone says to go to options explore but there is NO EXPLORE BUTTON!!!!!! help please?
    03-04-10 03:56 PM
    Yeah, I have the 8530 curve and have tried all these things also. The explore is not an option for me, so it appears the picture folder is hidden for good! Dang it!
    04-07-10 07:43 PM
    Thank You! This was driving me nuts!
    05-10-10 11:29 PM
    Thats a neat little trick. thanks.
    05-11-10 07:39 AM
    funny jus yesterday i took my curiousity n hide a folder jus to see wat would happen... we all hav or probly took sum pics we dont want others to see if they jus use our phones or mayb our significant others browsin our phones...

and let me tell u ... when i did it..... i looked high n low.... all kinda options and jus couldnt find the darn folder... i was so worried i wouldnt get it bak..... but good old crackberry got me out of a jam once again. i want to thank both the original poster......for figurin it out.. but also the poster that explained in details where exactly to go..... cuz i couldnt find jack wit the half descriptions given.
    again nice feature to hide photos.... jus gotta remember how to unhide it.
    lol
    05-11-10 08:43 AM
    i have a bold 9650 and i hid a picture folder to test it out. been on my phone forever tryin to figure out how to get it back. havent had any luck. does anyone know how to retrieve it/unhide it?
    07-05-10 08:39 PM
    On my curve you have to do it through the Files icon. Just locate the area the folder was hidden and from the Menu select "Show Hidden".

07-05-10 09:44 PM
    Try pictures-->options-->all the way down to exclude folders and uncheck the hidden folder and then refresh the picture folders list
    07-19-10 09:30 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD