I recently updated my 8330 and now I'm having nothing but problems. I'm seriously about to throw it out the window. I updated about 1.5 wks ago through the blackberry website, and now I have several problems...

Voice dialing, comes on whenever it feels like it(even when disabled), but the most aggravating times is (a. when I'm trying to dial by pushing numbers, it comes up half way through dialing the number and won't let me finish dialing. (b. when I open a text and am trying to read it. (c. right after someone calls me and I don't answer. I can close it then it pops right back up, the only way to get it to quit is to pull the battery.

Constant freezing up, and web pages taking a minimum of 60 seconds to load.

blackberry browser distorts websites that it didn't before(like craigslist.org, it breaks the first link on a page and will not let you click it.)

can no longer select text.

used to be able to open links and see pictures while viewing gmail in html mode, but can't even open an email in html mode, let alone click a link or see pictures.

I just flat out hate this update, and I want to go back to the way it was when I got it. I took it to Verizon and the guy there was just a dummy, that owns a bb and still couldn't figure out how to wipe it. His solution was to pull the battery every time one of these things happens, then try again. I'm not going to pull my battery 20 times a day, just to make a call on the stupid thing! I wiped it myself and it didn't help. I have no idea what else to do. This is my first bb and I've searched Google for the answer and came up with zip.

help!! it would be very much appreciated!
    04-13-09 10:29 PM
    The Proper Upgrade / Downgrade procedure that's linked in my sig may help you. You will have to have your original OS installed on your PC to downgrade. If you saved that when you upgraded, you should have no trouble. If you didn't save it, you will need to get it from RIM here: BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites or Verizon here: Verizon BlackBerry Software Updates. RIM and Verizon tend to only have the latest version available for download, so you may still have a problem if you were not running the latest version.
    04-13-09 10:58 PM
    yeah, that link wont get you old OS's but you can get an old sprint one here and delete the vendor file, that will work on the verizon 8330:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E
    04-13-09 11:22 PM
    Don't give up on the 4.5 OS so easily. The Verizon 4.5.0.77 OS is a lackluster OS. The Sprint 4.5.0.131 OS is a better OS with a newer platform version.

The browser alone is the biggest reason to stay with 4.5 and not go back to your old OS.

I would recommend you do a wipe with JL Commander to start with a clean slate and then download/install the Sprint 4.5.0.131 OS to your PC. Link is in the post above.

By the way. If you are using DM 4.7 I recommend you remove it from your PC with Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs and download DM 4.6 instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD