Hi,

Looking to see if anyone can help at all, my curve 8320's wifi will not switch on....i have been searching on here for a solution and tried the battery out / reinstallation of the os and even upgrading to the .124. but still i get the message 'unable to connect to wifi'.

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions please let me know....

Thanks,

Tom
    03-22-09 06:06 PM
    The wifi router your trying to hook to...wouldn't happen to be "n" would it? Does your router require wep? Take a look in the tips section of the forums. Look for complete wifi how to. That will help tremendously. Sorry I can't post the link for you as I am on wap

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 06:21 PM
    its a psk/wpa router, but i havent even got the list of available networks as the wifi wont turn on at all.

Its the initial switch on rather than the connection thats the problem at the minute, Il have another browse on the how to

But any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    03-22-09 06:31 PM
    What happens when you go to manage connections and enable wifi? Anything? Of course I'm assuming you did the wifi setup wizard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 06:34 PM
    Yeah went through the set up to get to my home router but it stops at 'unable to connect', the manage connections - i tick the box but nothing happens, unlike the network and bluetooth which switch on and off like a light no problems
    03-22-09 06:42 PM
    does anyone else have any ideas? Im strugglin on this one....

thanks
    03-23-09 12:07 AM
    Is it with all wifi, or just a home network?
    03-23-09 07:04 AM
    does the 8310 not have wifi capabilities?
    03-23-09 09:13 AM
    wnm, its with all wifi. It literally just says after ok the wifi switch on 'unable to turn on wifi'. no matter if i try to connect directly to the home one or just scan for networks....

the only other thing i can think of is the fact thats its an unlocked t-mobile handset im using on fido...i think i read somewhere that there are one or two (att) that require a data plan before they let you use it....would this have anyting to do with it?
    03-23-09 11:57 AM
    You don't need data to use wifi (at least on TMO), because if you were using it on your home network for instance, it would be working like a PC. You could even turn off the network. WiFi is hardware in the 8320, so it should work, although I don't really know anything about FIDO.
    03-23-09 12:00 PM
    Yeah, i thought that was the case, i tried to connect without any sim card in at all but still nothing. I do plan on getting a data plan shortly so we'l see if that helps.

If anyone has any other solutions please let me know.

Thanks
    03-23-09 12:03 PM
    Someone has suggested that it may be the IT policy but i cannot see any record of one on the handset....unless it comes under a different heading?

Any other suggestions? .....anyone?
    03-23-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD