Well this just F'kin tears it.

I've gone ahead and bought a 8GB Sandisk card because I don't want to be limited on the amount of music I can put on my player at any given time.

For the most part the thing works(ed) like it was suppose to. Dragged over all my Media files from my 1gb and things have been cool ever since.

Now while I take good care of my BB Curve 8320, it takes the odd fall here and there. Never enough to damage or mar the screen and these falls have happened WITH the new 8GB card inside.....up until today, when it took a bunny hop of a fall...and now the card is "Unreadable and needs formatting"

WTF? I'm all ready to format it, but whenever I try doing so using the Blackberry...it freezes. Whenever I try doing it on my computer...I get no response. I heard someone said to put it in the big SD adapter thing and try using it on a comp and formatting it there...I'll have to search for a comp with an SD drive to get that done in a bit...but incase that doesn't work...Do I have any other options?

This is absolute crap..when I opened the BB to see if the chip was dislodged, it wasn't...the BB won't read it now...it reads the other 1gb quite fine but not this one....and living in a third world country It's not like as is I can bomb over there and get another card for a decent price as opposed to purchasing a severly marked up one here.

Has anyone ever had this sort of problem with any of the bigger model phones? I'm starting to think that this Curve thing is too 'delicate' for my liking.
    02-10-10 04:45 PM
    .......The plot thickens.

NOW the 1gb SD card that came with it...is giving problems as well. It says that it needs to be formatted and when I go to Format it, it simply says "Media Card Format Failed" now I'm left to belive that something inside of the phone might be rendering these cards defective.....I'm at a loss.....what trash.
    02-11-10 12:56 AM
    Are you formatting it as FAT-32 or FAT-64? I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I'd check that out...
    02-11-10 03:25 PM
    I will check 'em out when I'm at home, but regardless...both cards as supposed to be able to be formatted WITHIN The Blackberry phone.

the 8gb (Which was inside the phone when it fell.) freezes the phone when I format.

The 1gb (Which worked fine until a few hours after I replaced the 8gb with it) simply says "Format couldn't be completed" within the phone.

Absolute garbage...I'll check the whole FAT stuff this afternoon AFTER i purchase a replacement chip...if THAT spoils...then I guess something is dangerously wrong with this phone.
    02-11-10 04:30 PM
    Best of luck.

When I was in a third world country, a "China-gadget" failed and corrupted the miniSD inside (which was probably also China-something).

I was unable to resurrect the miniSD while it was inside any gadget (including BlackBerry phones) but I was able to reformat it using a PC's built-in SD card reader.
    02-11-10 06:30 PM
    I have a usb dongle that holds a microsd card. Try finding one of those and see if your PC will read your card.

Got mine with Kingston 16Gb card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 08:22 PM
    Did all of that. the SDcard that fell with the phone is dead, and the one that came with it died in the phone within hours of putting in the new one. No amount of Pc wizardry could save 'em.

I just bit the bullet and bought ANOTHER card...at 4gb. It's been working fine...for now...So I guess it was just a coincidence to have both cards die within hours of each other. Thanks for the help, all.
    02-22-10 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD