unable to connect to device
I recently downloaded and installed the new v4.6 desktop software and BlackBerry Handheld Software v22.214.171.124 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 126.96.36.199
I had an error while installing the new os. I have a white screen with no error message after the hourglass goes away.
I relized that the install went south so I used the command line to force a rebuild, The devicee still will not connect in desktop manager but shows connected in device manager...
I tried to redo the install but the desktop manager tells me there is no device connected and when it tries to connect it prompts me for a password. I had never setup a password. Is there a default password??
Also, my device manager shows me that USB-PIN:*****A** connected
I've tried on multiple computers with same results.... Please help!
- 12-31-2008, 09:14 PM #2
- 12-31-2008, 09:21 PM #4
1. Download and install Jl_Cmder to your PC (JL Commander)
2. Make sure ALL your data (i.e. contacts, appointments, memos and etc) are backed up or synced before proceeding! This will wipe everything off of the device
3. Make sure you have the latest version of both Desktop Manager and the Handheld OS installed on your PC. If you need them then download them from here:
4. From the PC navigate to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file vendor.xml
If you have never installed the Handheld OS before then the vendor.xml file will not be on the PC and you can skip this step
5. Plug the device into the PC using the USB cord and make sure Desktop Manager is closed
6. Remove the battery from the device
Wipe The Device
1. Wipe the device using Jl_Cmder
This may take several attempts to connect to the device, so keep trying until it connects and wipes
2. The device will reboot to a white screen with a '507' error
If the device will not connect and wipe after several attempts then please follow the instructions here:
1. Disconnect the device from the PC
2. Download and install Desktop Manager and the Handheld OS to the PC (if they have not already been installed):
Desktop Manager and Handheld OS List
Command Line Tasks
1. Start a Command Prompt in DOS from the PC (Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Command Prompt)
2. Change the directory to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
* If you do not know how to navigate to this directory follow instructions in 2a)
From C:\ prompt type:
cd Program Files <hit enter>
cd Common Files <hit enter>
cd Research In Motion <hit enter>
cd AppLoader <hit enter>
3. Make sure Desktop Manager is not running
4. Connect BlackBerry to the PC
5. Enter the following command in the Command Prompt window:
1. The Application Loader Wizard window will open
2. Click on Next
3. You will get a drop down list with the COM ports and one USB port entry
4. Select the one which says USB:UNKNOWN
* If you do not see USB:UNKNOWN or USB:BBPIN, then follow instructions listed in a1-a5:
a1) Disconnect the device from the PC.
a2) Keep the Application Loader Wizard window open
a3) Remove the battery and put it back
a4) While the red led is on, reconnect the device to the PC. The led will only stay on for a few seconds
a5) When USB:UNKNOWN appears in the drop down list, you need to immediately select Next
5. The loader should now connect to your device and you will be able to reinstall the OS
Install OS and Restore
(compiled from multiple sources including BBF and BBFAQ) I am sure these instructions are here as well, just had these handy.
Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 12-31-2008 at 09:30 PM.~S_A
- 11-22-2009, 11:08 PM #6
I'm having the same problem, but even after trying all of the fixes and getting the application loader to continue, during "waiting for device initialization" I still get the error "Application Loader was unable to connect with your device."
- 10-29-2010, 11:24 PM #7
Can anyone help me? I am having the same problem with my pearl flip. I have all the softare installed and everything works fine up until I get to the point of "wait for device initialization" and I get an error message that says "Application Loader Unable to connect with device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry."
I have done everything possible to fix the error and nothing works.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
- CrackBerry Newbie
01-29-2011, 04:10 AM #8
- 1 Posts
Have a BlackBerry 9700
Tried the following steps.
But get the message "Reconnecting to JVM" comes up - It says "Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry."
What can I do ?
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-25-2011, 03:57 PM #9
- 1 Posts
Story on how I nuked and fixed my blackberry 9700..
I started a security wipe from the Blackberry OS (Options > Security Security > Security Wipe).. It was taking too long so I decided to pull the battery out.. bad idea!
When I turned the device on it just looped through a Wipe progress bar over and over again..
At this point I tried using the Application Loader (loader.exe) to reload the OS but I kept getting during the device initialization phase:
"Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-conect your device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry."
(My BB had no password!)
JL_Cmder or BBSAK couldn't connect to the device from Windows XP (32-Bit) to "complete" the wipe..
Turns out that the RIMDeviceManager.exe process was running and had "control" of the blackberry, which didn't allow JL_Cmder or BBSAK to connect to the device..
I killed the RIMDeviceManager.exe process from Task Manager and was able to finish wiping the device with BBSAK..
Afterwards, I could complete the OS install with loader.exe with no problems..
Hope this helps!
- 07-04-2011, 04:55 PM #10
sorry to hijack an old thread...im getting error 507 on a 970 bold im trying to wipe the device and put a new OS to get it up and running again, however (ive googled at least a million pages!) when i use apploader it gets as far as loading module "net_rim_cldc.cod" after what appears to be the device restarting. the application loader then complains about not being able to connect to my device as the handset is now stuck in a loop....please help this is driving me mad!!
- 11-15-2011, 02:34 PM #13
- Navigate to AppLoader folder on PC, single-click any item, press CTRL+A to highlight all, press Shift+Del to permanently delete contents.
- Open Control Panel from Start MENU. Select Programs and Features (pre-Win7 this has a different but similar name). Highlight your desired OS from list ("BB Device Software") and click Uninstall at top of list. Uninstall any previous OS's too if you'd like.
- Highlight BB Desktop Software (i.e. DM) and Uninstall as well.
- Find your browser's downloads folder, highlight the OS .exe file you originally DLed, press Shift+Del to permanently delete.
- Restart your PC.
- Using Internet Explorer (not Firefox or Chrome), navigate here to download DM again:
BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software
- ONce Dled, install DM to your PC again.
- Using IE again (not Firefox or Chrome), navigate here:
BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
- Scroll to North America section at bottom and select your own carrier, MTS, or whichever carrier released the OS you'd like to install.
Highest available OS version for Tour 9630 is 188.8.131.528 released by China Telecom, and available here for download:
*Again, ensure you're using IE for downloading.
- When OS DL is complete, install OS on your PC.
- Shrink OS as desired (recommended) using BBHTool or BB Boss v2.2.
- Navigate to AppLoader folder. If Vendor is present, highlight it, then Shift+Del to permanently delete it.
- Double-click Loader (also found in AppLoader folder) to load OS to BB. Connect BB as directed and follow all other on-screen instructions.
- Following successful OS load to BB, perform a battery pull within 1st hour.
Please post back results!Saving the world, one OS at a time...
Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
• How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS • for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900 •
Curve 8330 → Tour 9630 → Bold 9700 → Torch 9800 → Bold 9900 → Z10 → Z30psst... ↓ Here's THANKS button ↓
- CrackBerry User
02-24-2012, 02:18 PM #14
- 11 Posts
Have also tried the command prompt optoin without luck
Its gets to as far as the load wizard and the dreaded "Please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry" appears
So any pointers from anyone will be much appreciated