Since I got my Curve a little over a month ago I have had reliable UMA/WI-FI service at home (using a TMO linksys router) and most wireless hotspots. My office was reliable until a week or so ago. I no longer can maintain stable UMA at my office. The funny thing is that I will get a decent connection first thing in the morning - WiFi icon is lit and I have a couple of UMA bars - but it drops after about an hour, and I will not get another stable connection until I go home and return the following morning. I remain connected to the wireless network, but the WiFi icon does not light and I do not get any UMA service.

Wi-Fi diagnostics returns a W005.1 ISP Error. Retry. under the UMA section. Does anyone have any idea on why my UMA service might be limited to the early morning hours? Especially when I was receiving UMA for several weeks prior? I spoke to our Administrator and he indicated that we haven't changed anything in our wireless network, and he even agreed to power cycle the wireless router just to see if it would help. Nothing has noticeably improved my ability to maintain a UMA/WI-FI connection. It just doesn't make much sense to me at all.
    11-20-07 10:36 AM
    It sounds like it is something related to your work. Do you loose the signal everywhere in your office building, or just your office? WIFI can be tepremental depending on what is going on in the area. At my work one day I will have a strong signal and the next a very weak signal, with no changes being made be my works network.
    11-20-07 10:55 AM
    It doesn't seem to matter where I am - I have even stood next to the wireless router. Does the UMA/WI-FI service require certain ports to operate that the ISP may be blocking or limiting traffic on?
    11-20-07 12:17 PM
    It is possible it depends on how your companies system is set up. They could be blockng or limiting something on a particular port purposly or inadvertly, the only way to find out would be to talk to your IT department and ask.
    11-20-07 01:27 PM
    Tmobile has fixed this issue with UMA connection sustainability:

http: //www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/
    (make sure you remove the space between "http:" and "//" when you enter the address in your browser)

Theyll ask you to enter your phone number, then download the:

Handheld Software (v 4.2.2.180)

Double click, and it will install a new OS on your phone that should fix your issues.
    Last edited by Andonnguyen; 11-24-07 at 07:54 AM.
    11-24-07 07:51 AM
    Tmobile has fixed this issue with UMA connection sustainability:

http: //www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/
    (make sure you remove the space between "http:" and "//" when you enter the address in your browser)

Theyll ask you to enter your phone number, then download the:

Handheld Software (v 4.2.2.180)

Double click, and it will install a new OS on your phone that should fix your issues.
    Really? I thought you could only update the OS via a Windoze computer.
    11-24-07 09:42 AM
    That is true. Windows only for OS upgrades.

FWIW, 4.2.2.184 is out now for the 8320. Was released by Singapore Telecom
    11-24-07 07:42 PM
    That is true. Windows only for OS upgrades.

FWIW, 4.2.2.184 is out now for the 8320. Was released by Singapore Telecom
    My BB has that version on it already, and I still have the exact same problem at home. Even if I am 2ft. form the AP. Doesn't matter if I am using WPA, WPA2, WEP or no security at all. Doesn't matter if I max out the power on the AP (2Wire brand, provided by ATT).

Downloading 4.3 now. Hopefully it helps.
    01-29-08 09:54 AM
    Where are you downloading 4.3 from?
    01-29-08 02:02 PM
    sorry, my bad. it's just the desktop software, not he device OS.
    01-29-08 02:08 PM
    I have the exact same problem with my 8320 and 2Wire ATT wireless connection. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times it is intermittent, sometimes only loads a few websites and other times none at all.

My wifi symbol is always present, however the green bubble in the wifi setting sometimes turn yellow. Ironically the wifi has worked and not worked with both conditions. The only thing I have found consistent is that when it won't work at all, the VPN authentication bubble was red.

I'm going to connect my previous ATT Router when I get home to see if it will function correctly with it. My Tmo Dash functioned 100% with both.
    01-29-08 02:50 PM
    unplugging my wireless (not using the software reset) seems to have done the trick for me. wifi was almost always present, occasionally not. UMA was hit or miss. it worked great the first month i had it, then became problematic when i change the psk. wierd because it would occassionally work, meaning i had the right key entered. but since hard power cycled it earlier today, I have had a strong UMA signal since.
    01-29-08 02:54 PM
    CrashMonkey is a genius!

Thank you for posting the solution. I spent an hour online looking for a fix for this, spent another hour with a T-Mobile BBerry tech who knew a little less than I did about this, and 90 minutes with a really smart RIM tech. While I was on hold with him, I ran the error code W005.1 through Google and found this thread. I unplugged the wifi router, plugged it back in and it worked! He's now going to update the BBerry troubleshooting information to reflect this. (Otherwise he was going to conference in T-Mo and have them check systems on their side....)

By the way, once my own router didn't connect UMA, no other wireless routers did either.

Thank you!
    Last edited by mdx; 04-18-08 at 05:34 PM.
    04-18-08 05:13 PM
    Hello
    I got a blackberry 9300 3g curve was using the
    wifi connection 4 3mounths with no problems I
    was conned to a open network one nith I went
    to sleep nd when I woke up the phone did not
    conet any more . I can see the network and the
    signal strength is very strong but when I tell
    the phone to connect then I get a error "failed
    to associate with the network"can anybody
    please help me
    11-19-12 03:56 AM